Usefull stuff for "missions"

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Usefull stuff for "missions"

Post by iistapp on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 am
([msg=45739]see Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

Yello,

Was wondering what sort of software's and stuff you guys are/were using when doing the challenges on the main page.

Why are you using exactly those? Would you suggest me to start learning to use them? For what would you suggest me to start using them?

I kind of want to move on and learn some new stuff, but I feel I don't have the right things to do so, also I can't say I'm sure where to find the things I need without ending up getting a bunch of crap on my PC.
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"

Post by Calian on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am
([msg=45740]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

Well so far I've used, google. Obvious there.

Besides that tool wise I've only used Firebug for firefox, besides that no other tools, but I've not done many missions as yet.

Firebug is very handy though so :) Get that and learn HTML (should take you ...no time) an go from there! SQL & Javascript come in handy aswell.

C
Calian
New User
New User

Post by mojo1948 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 am
([msg=45741]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

There is an Articles link on the main page with a lot of useful info. Thry this for starters http://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/1059
Never stop learning.
mojo1948
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by iistapp on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:53 am
([msg=45742]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

Calian wrote:Well so far I've used, google. Obvious there.

Besides that tool wise I've only used Firebug for firefox, besides that no other tools, but I've not done many missions as yet.

Firebug is very handy though so :) Get that and learn HTML (should take you ...no time) an go from there! SQL & Javascript come in handy aswell.

C

Cheers, been using Firebug and Google myself, I do know some HTML as well and know how to use a SQL-injection.

mojo1948 wrote:There is an Articles link on the main page with a lot of useful info. Thry this for starters http://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/1059

Thanks I'll check it out before asking for more : )
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Post by Monica on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 pm
([msg=45771]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

It's a very thorough and excellent article written by our very own Defience.

I masturbate to it.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iistapp on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:05 am
([msg=45796]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

Monica wrote:It's a very thorough and excellent article written by our very own Defience.

I masturbate to it.

Outch! I did too! :o

Great article, learned quite a bit, will have to read through it again soonish to get it more into my head ^^
iistapp
Poster
Poster

Post by tremor77 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:42 am
([msg=45814]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

That is a great article.. looking it over briefly I couldn't help but wonder.. how freaking long did that take to write! and the other thought.. there are some real gems like that on HTS, that should get a bit more POP on the home page... need to think more like advertising and marketers as less like hackers and programmers sometimes... maybe along the right hand column where short news and latest articles are, you could have a 'most popular' or 'featured' for the articles, maybe with a neat little heading icon.
tremor77
Addict
Addict

Post by mojo1948 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:02 am
([msg=45815]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:That is a great article..

That's what I thought when I first read it too.

tremor77 wrote:that should get a bit more POP on the home page...

There should be a dozen links to that on every basic mission page, with big red arrows pointing to them.
Never stop learning.
mojo1948
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Monica on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:53 pm
([msg=45827]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

mojo1948 wrote: There should be a dozen links to that on every basic mission page, with big red arrows pointing to them.

That's the most pathetic shit I've ever seen. WITHOUT a forum and WITHOUT these useless fucking tools, I can guarantee 98% of you kids would NOT be able to complete many of these missions. I've been with HTS for over 6 years; you know how many times I religiously delete and remake the Missions section of the forum due to spoilers? Most of the tools being used today, would NOT have been used as of 5+ years ago. 99.99% of the Basic missions can be completed without it. You fucking kids are sad.

P.S. I've caught over 30 people who has cheated on the missions in just 2 fucking days. Now....go prove me wrong and start learning. I need some motherfuckin' MAGIC up in this bitch.
hi am new so plz dont troll me or i report 2 the HTS mods ty
Monica
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tremor77 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm
([msg=45829]see Re: Usefull stuff for "missions"[/msg])

@Monica: ouch harsh.. I think he was just trying to say that if such great and informative articles like the one by defience were more highly visible, that maybe we would get less noob questions and mission spoilers, and a greater attention to some honest learnin'

And to quote "WITHOUT a forum and WITHOUT these useless fucking tools, I can guarantee 98% of you kids would NOT be able to complete many of these missions." I disagree.. I think that 98% don't even bother to use the tools and the forums here on HTS and just look up the answer on any number of easily Googled websites that just give the answer.. and/or check the YouTube tutorial version on how it's done.
tremor77
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to NZone