otherworldly life

What is the nature of existence?

otherworldly life

Post by i_fallenhero on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 pm
([msg=18680]see otherworldly life[/msg])

i've been thinking for a long time about the possibility of intelligent life on other planets. i believe since our universe is so vast and there could easily be conditions where other life could be. I also believe that their has been other life enter our planet. now i may be crazy but the government could be hiding something. what do you guys think?
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: otherworldly life

Post by STUDIOny on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 pm
([msg=18681]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

Well I think your spot on, I refuse to believe we are the only intelligent race in the universe.
Ignorance is what it is ;)
STUDIOny
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by sidebottom on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:56 pm
([msg=18683]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

"The truth is out there"

Haha, sorry, couldn't refuse.

Anyway, there are quite a few smart people who believe that it is statistically IMPOSSIBLE for even us to exist, nevermind ANOTHER intelligent form of life. I wouldn't doubt that there is life elsewhere in our universe but for that life to be much more than single-celled organisms is again statistically impossible. Also, given the EXTREMELY short time span that man has been "intelligent," it is, again, statistically impossible for us to meet another intelligent race during our races existence.

In all honesty (and this is sure to spark some trenchant retorts), given the numbers, if you believe in intelligent extra-terrestrials visiting our planet, you pretty much have to believe in God. What do you all think about that?
sidebottom
Poster
Poster

Post by godofcereal on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:14 am
([msg=18699]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

I do believe that one of Saturns moon has water on it and some scientist think that organisms can and do live there. But I dont mean 6ft grey big eyed guys, I mean plankten like organisms.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by i_fallenhero on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:14 pm
([msg=18737]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

sidebottom wrote:"The truth is out there"

Haha, sorry, couldn't refuse.

Anyway, there are quite a few smart people who believe that it is statistically IMPOSSIBLE for even us to exist, nevermind ANOTHER intelligent form of life. I wouldn't doubt that there is life elsewhere in our universe but for that life to be much more than single-celled organisms is again statistically impossible. Also, given the EXTREMELY short time span that man has been "intelligent," it is, again, statistically impossible for us to meet another intelligent race during our races existence.

In all honesty (and this is sure to spark some trenchant retorts), given the numbers, if you believe in intelligent extra-terrestrials visiting our planet, you pretty much have to believe in God. What do you all think about that?
I believe that there could be other "beings" out there that could be farther ahead of us in their intelligence
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by STUDIOny on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:37 am
([msg=18781]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

Also, Believing in this has nothing to do with God.
STUDIOny
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by TheMindRapist on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:25 pm
([msg=18809]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

STUDIOny wrote:Also, Believing in this has nothing to do with God.

Of course.
Life on other planets seems quite likely, given the amount of different planets that have similar conditions to ours. Although the number of these planets as a percent is small, there are so many solar systems that it doesn't matter much.
Amusing Quote wrote:Perhaps the best evidence for life on other planets is that none of them have tried to contact us yet.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by i_fallenhero on Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:55 pm
([msg=18841]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

those many paranoid people on our planet would say they could be "spying" on us,but it is possible ill give them that
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Memphisis on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 am
([msg=18861]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

there may be life out there but can any one think what about other dimensions or other plains of existence?
if right know there where trillions of life forms on earth unaffected by each other say one running around your foot or on your hair and you didnt know it or couldnt see it are they still classed as life ?
Memphisis
New User
New User

Post by i_fallenhero on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:19 pm
([msg=18983]see Re: otherworldly life[/msg])

i dont know about any theories of parallel universes or multiple planes of existence, but if anyone could elaborate some theories i would be glad to hear them
i_fallenhero
Experienced User
Experienced User

Next

Return to General