question

General technological topics without their own forum go here

question

Post by Th3Wizard0f_ on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:54 am
([msg=86687]see question[/msg])

DISCLAIMER: My hacking/coding skills suck... i know a little bit of html... that's about it... :/
Someone sent me a message on Facebook this past Monday, but I didn't see it until today...
I noticed that they either deactivated or deleted their account (not sure which) between Monday and today...
so my question; how difficult would it be to find information on this "secret person?" (ie. ip address, their location if possible, if they used a fake account to send the message, true accounts, etc.)
the only lead I have is the URL they used for their profile...
if you guys wanna hate on me for my incompetency, go ahead...
Th3Wizard0f_
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: question

Post by cyberdrain on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:09 pm
([msg=86694]see Re: question[/msg])

How hard that is depends on the skill of the person that did it. Document any and all information you have and look for similar information pertaining to it. Then read through this article and use the information you have. If someone is that eager to randomly send you a message and then remove their account, following them might not end up being useful. So theoretically, yes, from one account you could get enough information to find out everything there is to know about someone.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Th3Wizard0f_ on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:07 am
([msg=86699]see Re: question[/msg])

haha
so this "person of interest" reactivated their account just now...
for what tricks I do know, this makes things a lot easier...
google their profile picture and compare everything I see...
totally fake, like i thought...

-- Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:14 am --

i did start doxing though...
i had no idea what i was doing, but i started...
I have a hunch as to the "real" person doing this...
i have more info on them already (I know them personally)
I think i might try the dox thing on them later...
for now, i'm tired and am going to bed...
Th3Wizard0f_
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:33 am
([msg=86702]see Re: question[/msg])

Now that's cool. If you find anything else, update the thread with the method you used :)
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Th3Wizard0f_ on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:24 pm
([msg=86705]see Re: question[/msg])

i will
I'm really just doing things any other non hacker/doxer can do...
a lot of people i know personally could do this but they lack the power to even think about doing it...

here's what i was able to find this morning...
I did a google search using their profile pic... (apparently it's a picture of female skater, Lizzie Armanto... not the same as the facebook name i see...)
how this person found the picture, I'm surprised... I only found two results for it...
then (cause i like photoshop and wanted a clearer/bigger image) loaded it into photoshop and used a special program to ridiculously enlarge the picture and then compared various aspects of the image to other pictures of miss Armanto...
as far as doxing an email goes, the person i'm thinking it is, has a gmail and i can't answer the security question nor provide any info there, so i'll have to go a different route... maybe use the email for the "fake" account... laptop browser won't tell me, but the mobile version did (i think that's pretty freaking cool!) yahoo... i might not know any info there either, but i can try...
if there's anything else you think of that i could try, i would love to read about it...
Th3Wizard0f_
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:29 pm
([msg=86715]see Re: question[/msg])

Did you check the metadata on the pic itself? While Gmail doesn't allow for getting an IP from the headers, you could try a web bug, seeing as the service is usually run from the site itself. That could get you an IP. You have the fake name, but there's no information there that could be useful? As you think you know the person, you could try a bait with information only someone you know could find. Doxing really is just looking for information, however you come by it, depends...
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Th3Wizard0f_ on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:15 am
([msg=86723]see Re: question[/msg])

maybe compare metadata between the the picture from the fake and a picture from the possible culprit?
Th3Wizard0f_
New User
New User

Post by NETWORKsecurity on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:10 am
([msg=86727]see Re: question[/msg])

well if you want to check if gmail account is the one used for facebook profile then you can use facebook "forgotten password form",just type emai press search and it'll show profile name.Also you can check for twitter account by putting email in your gmail contacts and then use twitter "import contacts from gmail".
site that can help:http://www.emailsherlock.com
NETWORKsecurity
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Th3Wizard0f_ on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:37 am
([msg=86751]see Re: question[/msg])

NETWORKsecurity wrote:well if you want to check if gmail account is the one used for facebook profile then you can use facebook "forgotten password form",just type emai press search and it'll show profile name.Also you can check for twitter account by putting email in your gmail contacts and then use twitter "import contacts from gmail".<br>site that can help:http://www.emailsherlock.com

i tried email Sherlock but the info wasn't correct... and no twitter accounts either... i already know both emails...

cyberdrain, how would i go about checking for the IP address in the metadata?
i don't know the significance of this yet, but I noticed the URL doesn't completely match up with the fake name...
I also noticed its closeness to the real person's name...
i've been talking back and forth with this mystery person... i'm doing a little bit of baiting as well... also reading the messages very carefully, and comparing language use...
Last edited by Th3Wizard0f_ on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Th3Wizard0f_
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:33 am
([msg=86755]see Re: question[/msg])

Th3Wizard0f_ wrote:cyberdrain, how would i go about checking for the ip address in the metadata?

Oh, no, metadata in images doesn't contain IPs usually. A web bug would get you the IP. What you might find in metadata: a location, a type of camera/phone used or time and date. But if it's an image from a random site, you're probably out of luck. The easiest way to get that information is by using specific tools, on Linux I use exiv2, but on Windows I wouldn't know.

Th3Wizard0f_ wrote:and the fake name is ..., the facebook URL is ...
i don't know the significance of this yet, but if you notice, the URL doesn't completely match up with the fake name but i also noticed its closeness to the real person's name... (...)
i've been talking back and forth with this mystery person... i'm doing a little bit of baiting as well... also reading the messages very carefully, and comparing language use...

You know, you might not want to include that information, if she is watching the Internet, you might scare her. Furthermore, I have a feeling that if you keep talking and you talk to her nicely, she'll volunteer the information ;)
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to General