Help Please

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

Help Please

Post by Nastyblood on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:26 pm
([msg=85534]see Help Please[/msg])

Hello ,
I Recently was looking up for some keyloggers first to run on my pc , and 2nd to try hacking using them , for sure for educational purpouses .
I found a keylogger that i installed , remote installation wasnt available as it wasnt cracked . I installed the cracked version , but i believe it was a Keylogger that is now running on my pc or a virus as my camera light is turning on for like 5 secs each 1-2 mins .
I'm New to this whole hacking thing and would really like your help .
Thank you.
Nastyblood
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Help Please

Post by centip3de on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:44 pm
([msg=85537]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

Hahahahaha. Ah, talk about irony. Anywho, try running a couple of anti-virus suites and seeing what comes up. If those don't turn up anything, then I'd look for some rogue processes running in the background and hunting them down and removing them yourself.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Post by Nastyblood on Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:49 pm
([msg=85540]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

Naa , Not irony , i wasnt gonna try to hack anyone with it , acutally i was trying to use it on my own , as i sent it to an e-mail to my self to try it , after i didnt recieve the email and saw the cam , i knew it was probably a virus.
Ive tried ad-aware , nothing worked
Then googled a bit and tried malware bites , still nothing .
I was thinking if i go to the drivers and disable the lenovo built-in cam , it might work ?
Nastyblood
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:14 pm
([msg=85544]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

Try Avast, Microsoft Security Essentials, and AVG. If those don't pick it up, like I said, open up your process manager and start looking for things that don't quite fit. Write down the process name, end it, see if the problem still occurs. If it doesn't, then that's what was causing it -- Go find the executable and everything it loves and delete it. If it does, then keep trying.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:36 pm
([msg=85554]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

While I agree with centip3de, you might need to do a full reinstall if cent's method doesn't work. You're probably not going to find everything the program dumped in your machine and it sounds like the person knew at least partially what he/she was doing. Next time, test things out in virtual machines and let that be a lesson.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Nastyblood on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:16 am
([msg=85572]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

Thanks for the help guys , Everything's okay now , ill tell u what i did :
Installed malware bytes and scanned my pc
Installed avast and scanned it
Removed all suspicious stuff from startup programs
Disabled the built-in camera driver
Used a network tracer and detected a suspicious ip that data is being sent to from my laptop and blocked it

So 1 of the steps above worked :P
Thank you anw , this can be closed.
Nastyblood
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:04 pm
([msg=85592]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

Nastyblood wrote:Used a network tracer and detected a suspicious ip that data is being sent to from my laptop and blocked it.

So you just left the backdoor in? I mean, after scanning and removing everything, there shouldn't be suspicious traffic. Then again, it's your choice, glad you fixed it :)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by sysopfb on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:27 pm
([msg=86110]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

They definately wouldn't connect to the backconnect using a different ip, Install an update, rootkit your box and then pivot out and root any of your old network peripherals.
If you want you can upload the program to virustotal and then post the md5 and I'll pull it down and tell you what it is.
sysopfb
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:55 pm
([msg=86125]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

Oh wow lol. Never test out stuff like this on your own personal environment. Either have another PC on the side or run it through a VM. Hope this is a lesson learned mate :geek:
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by ekland on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:52 am
([msg=88942]see Re: Help Please[/msg])

A few things I have bought off some boards have been stuffed with trojans, I have learned to be very careful who I buy off.
ekland
New User
New User

Next

Return to Malware