How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?

Post by Ariala on Mon May 12, 2014 2:29 am
([msg=80646]see How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?[/msg])

My son has proven on many occasions to be untrustworthy. We've (mom & dad) been called into the city Police station because of his online activity. He is using MacBook Pro. Even if I don't like keyloggers, I think that under certain conditions, strictly controlled by the parents, a keylogger program can help control a child's illegal online activity. We are parents!
It's our duty to raise our son and keep him away from becoming another victim of Internet scam. Danger lurks everywhere on the Internet. Every parent must do everything possible to protect their children online.
Ariala
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?

Post by pretentious on Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 am
([msg=80647]see Re: How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?[/msg])

Ariala wrote:My son has proven on many occasions to be untrustworthy. We've (mom & dad) been called into the city Police station because of his online activity. He is using MacBook Pro. Even if I don't like keyloggers, I think that under certain conditions, strictly controlled by the parents, a keylogger program can help control a child's illegal online activity. We are parents!
It's our duty to raise our son and keep him away from becoming another victim of Internet scam. Danger lurks everywhere on the Internet. Every parent must do everything possible to protect their children online.

Ok so here's what I've gathered from your post. Your son is a 'minor', He does illegal things online, he has fallen victim to internet scams, The internet is a scary place.
Installing a keylogger on his computer isn't going to pretect him from any of that.
first point comes under disiplin, I would advise against hitting him or he might grow up fucking resenting you :evil:
the second point, assuming you control the internet connection, you could possibly block certain websites? hell, we havn't covered the possibility that you bought the computer in the fist place. You can excercise a fair bit of parental control totally within the bounds of the law(actually installing a keylogger on hardware you own is legal too). Roughly the same way schools do it.
the third point comes down to education.
the forth point. For you maybe 8-) ;)
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by henson on Tue May 13, 2014 1:40 am
([msg=80662]see Re: How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?[/msg])

I fully trusted my children with our family computers until things started acting strange. I used Amac Mac keylogger, just to see where they went on the web. It allowed me to look back at history and activity. Now they have their own machines so that I have to care more. It works like parental controls and I can check almost everything they have done online.
henson
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Thu May 15, 2014 9:49 am
([msg=80709]see Re: How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?[/msg])

In my opinion, trying to control actions will likely end up failing after a certain age. In the end you cannot always keep protecting your son, so educating and guiding will probably be the better way. I know this from experience from the other end. The best thing to do, would be trying to give a legal way for trying out different things. Though how to go about it, really depends on the situation.

The problem with keyloggers is that you cannot know where the information is being sent, so be sure you can trust the software. Also, to find out which sites are accessed, the router or modem used to connect to the internet can also be used sometimes. If by illegal activities you mean anything remotely related to hacking (assuming that's the reason it was posted here), you can be sure your son will do everything in his power to try and subvert/undermine the protection put into place. That's how the (hacking) mind works.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Marioll on Sun May 25, 2014 9:17 pm
([msg=80990]see Re: How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?[/msg])

Personally speaking, I don't own a Mac. From experiences of using keylogger on my computer, it
tracks every key pressed. Some also track wich programs are used and what sites have been visited.
I Just made a search in Google, and found a lot of keylogger for Mac, you can have a try yourself.
Marioll
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon May 26, 2014 10:25 am
([msg=80997]see Re: How to download a parental control keylogger for Mac?[/msg])

Not complaining, but the guy hasn't reported back in after logging in once to make the original post. Still, it's too early to call this a necro :P
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Return to NZone