Anonymous Buying

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Anonymous Buying

Post by y_aore on Wed May 07, 2014 1:27 am
([msg=80569]see Anonymous Buying[/msg])

How would I buy stuff anonymously? If I were to create a business could I have a credit card where not one would track me?

I produce art, and I would like to have all my work anonymous. WIth this being said, if I need to go to art shows, or pay for something, how could I do so under a different persona (my created persona)?

Also, if they were to fly me out and needed my credentials for flying, how would I go about giving it while staying anonymous.

Any information would be great... maybe this is the wrong site for this...
y_aore
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anonymous Buying

Post by hellow533 on Wed May 07, 2014 2:18 am
([msg=80570]see Re: Anonymous Buying[/msg])

y_aore wrote:How would I buy stuff anonymously? If I were to create a business could I have a credit card where not one would track me?

I produce art, and I would like to have all my work anonymous. WIth this being said, if I need to go to art shows, or pay for something, how could I do so under a different persona (my created persona)?

Also, if they were to fly me out and needed my credentials for flying, how would I go about giving it while staying anonymous.

Any information would be great... maybe this is the wrong site for this...

So you want to open up a business in your name (required), along with a business account in your name + the business's name (required), so you can buy something in your own name (again, required for authorization) and send it to what I assume to be another address your name isn't associated with.

What are you trying to buy again? What kind of "art" is this? Then again, it's not my place to question your anonymity, especially since it's a right of yours.

I think your answer may be pre-paid cards that work like gift cards. Buy them in cash and use them online, if that's possible outside of retail stores. Otherwise, if in person just pay in cash and require cash payments. As for flying, there isn't a way to give your information to anyone while staying anonymous. If they need to pay for a ticket or something, they need your full name at the very least.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cyberdrain on Wed May 07, 2014 4:40 am
([msg=80571]see Re: Anonymous Buying[/msg])

Bitcoin or similar? Of course cash can be used too, as hallow said. If you want to fly on fake credentials, that would probably be illegal, though I'm not sure.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by pretentious on Wed May 07, 2014 7:13 am
([msg=80574]see Re: Anonymous Buying[/msg])

There is something about this question that's raising my eyebrows
How would I buy stuff anonymously? If I were to create a business could I have a credit card where not one would track me?

If you want to do business anonymously, you don't bother calling it a business, right?
When it comes to auditing, an accounting student mate of mine said getting business stuff done under the radar such as laundering etc. basically comes down to where the government can't afford to spend resources. paper trails are pretty full proof and it's just a matter of wether or not people are looking I guess. That's advice for anyone else who reads this, no for you because I'm suspicious of your motives.
Also I was under the impression that you could indeed get effectively anonymous credit cards... well numbers that don't point anywhere usefull.
I produce art, and I would like to have all my work anonymous.

then don't use your name
WIth this being said, if I need to go to art shows, or pay for something, how could I do so under a different persona (my created persona)?

get someone to represent you? or again, just don't use your name

What's so secretive that you can't let the airline know who you are?
Maybe I'm reading too much into this or can't get past the 'art dealer' story, but something makes me wanna go all partiot act on this motherfucker. *tries to chill out*
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by y_aore on Wed May 07, 2014 9:34 am
([msg=80578]see Re: Anonymous Buying[/msg])

Lol, I am being honest when I say I am not interested in any illegal activity.

I am going under a new persona for my art and would like to remain anonymous for my art. I want people to see my art, but I don't want all the fame that comes with people knowing who you are. That's really the only reason I want to be anonymous.

You could think of me as like the K.I.S.S. (Before they're identities were revealed) or Daft Punk of art... no body would know who I am, but I still create great work.

Does that make sense?

With that being said... any other ways? For example, if I created a website, would people be able to know it was I who created it with enough digging/searching on the site? I don't know if i would be in the HTML of the site or not....

I'm looking for stuff like that as well... I am curious how difficult it would be to remain anonymous if people REALLY wanted to find out who I am (like K.I.S.S. and Daft Punk).
y_aore
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Wed May 07, 2014 2:18 pm
([msg=80586]see Re: Anonymous Buying[/msg])

y_aore wrote:I'm looking for stuff like that as well... I am curious how difficult it would be to remain anonymous if people REALLY wanted to find out who I am (like K.I.S.S. and Daft Punk).

Honestly your best bet then, is to not be anonymous to a select group of people. Here are the people you will need.

1. Lawyer: Your most important person. He/she can setup many legal means by which to shield your identity.
2. Agent & Publicist: This may be more than 1 person, but you'll need to have them. You'll need to promote the art, and a faux character from which it spawns. These people can create that identity and push it to the public.
3. Administrative Assistant: You're lawyer is probably going to need to setup an LLC or shell corporation, from which you can do business as a business. Your AA will be in charge of it.
4. Accountant: Just necessary to avoid any issues with taxes and laundering.
5. Your New Persona: See how Daft Punk, Gaga, others - in public they are their persona. If (and they dont because they are mega rich now) they had needed to take a public plane flight - the helmets and the wigs come off, and they are themselves.. and no one knows who in hell they are. That would be you. The persona needs to be identifiable such that, when you don your daily outfit that matches your ID, you're Joe Schmoe.. not the famous anonymous artist... no one would ever know.

So the short answer is YOU don't be anonymous, be you. But create a persona that you can be in the right situations, so that, when you are YOU, no one will give a damn.
tremor77
Addict
Addict

Post by y_aore on Thu May 08, 2014 12:22 am
([msg=80596]see Re: Anonymous Buying[/msg])

Perfect..

Great information - this is what I am looking for.
y_aore
New User
New User

Return to General