Katana USB - Everything You Need for Hacking on a Flash Driv

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Katana USB - Everything You Need for Hacking on a Flash Driv

Post by AlphaLynx on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:55 pm
([msg=79256]see Katana USB - Everything You Need for Hacking on a Flash Driv[/msg])

This is a very powerful tool for anyone who needs to be able to work on other computers all the time. Katana comes with two main parts- a multiboot suite, and many portable apps. Included in the multiboot are Backtrack, Caine, DBAN, KonBoot, Ophcrack, Parted Magic, Puppy Linux, Trinity Rescue Kit, Ultimate Boot CD, and TAILS. However, I did not use the multiboot and instead made my own using YUMI. I reccomend Kali, Offline NT Password and Registry Editor, TAILS, UBCD, and Porteus. Katana comes with 56 very useful Portable Apps, such as Metasploit, Wireshark, 7zip, WinPcap, and Truecrypt. Anyway, the reason I posted this is because I got my hands on a copy of the 3.0 beta version, released at DEFCON 20, through some torrents, and I will be seeding them for as long as people want them. Katana comes in two parts, each a zip file. The magnet links for the zip files are:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D129B8DC7AAF6B9194DEE931FCAD37B444E07C83&dn=katana-v3.0-beta1.ziptr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80/announce

and

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C18BA91C9095ED3649790A8109807DB8DD4987C1&dn=katana-v3.0-beta-2.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80/announce

The original page I got these from has more information, help, and the file hashes.
https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topi ... -v30-beta/

I will probably also upload these to my website soon. I will post the link when I do.

41pha1nx
AlphaLynx
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Katana USB - Everything You Need for Hacking on a Flash Driv

Post by Kage on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:23 am
([msg=79260]see Re: Katana USB - Everything You Need for Hacking on a Flash Driv[/msg])

Great suggestion. The Katana suite is quite useful, indeed, nice recommendation.
~ Kage ~

HackThisSite Manager
Kage
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to General