What do you want us to do?

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

What do you want us to do?

Post by comperr on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:13 pm
([msg=5091]see What do you want us to do?[/msg])

The developers, moderators, and other staff will be having a meeting soon to discuss a number of issues.
What do you want us to discuss or implement. Please don't state the obvious or mention issues already circulating HTS.
Any new or specific that you want? How can we help you?

This topic will be global for 3 days.
comperr
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What do you want us to do?

Post by droptable on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:13 am
([msg=5099]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Probably obvious but port application missions to mac and linux.

What about some missions to do with HTTP or ipv4?
Sig deletes by administrator
droptable
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by OneArrow on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 am
([msg=5112]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Consider expanding valid solutions for existing missions, or at least allowing users to see that they're on the right track. For instance, in one mission, I recall trying to perform a particular attack on myself before sending it to someone else (I wanted to be sure it worked, before sending messages blindly and arousing suspicion with a potentially failed attack). When it failed, I had assumed that it was validating everything correctly, and it took me a very long time to realize that this wasn't the case.

I'd also like to see a few more advanced Realistic missions. :]
OneArrow
Poster
Poster

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:45 am
([msg=5146]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Hmmm.... definitely clean up the logic missions, most are good, but some sucked anus. Next, as already stated, add more valid answers. Extbasic 7 is too damn hard! There are so many ways to do it, but only one is right. Im also thinking that there should be some mission that incorporates XSS. Not sure how, but it should be done. There's already a mission with CSRF vulns, now we just need to have a mission with some persistent XSS. Also, some of the images on HTS need fixing, lots of white pixels around the edges. That's all I can think of for now.
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:56 am
([msg=5149]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Flash missions, XSS (as above and in my own post) and perhaps some rooting missions where you need to gain access to a server and then get a password file. Of course, there would be the problem that some people might run riot...
Take a look at hellboundhackers. They have faaaaar more missions than HTS, but I think HTSs missions are better. Steal some ideas from them :P
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:09 pm
([msg=5150]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Hmmm... Flash missions would be cool, but unless they were all very well encrypted or compressed, they could be easily decompiled with the right app.* cough*sothink*cough* But... Im thinking that their easiness to decompile might be a good thing. Imagine a mission that uses a fake RPG game, oviously a parody of runescape, that allows you to upload images and such in the forums, so that you can share art and such. (gaiaonline does this, so it might be better to make the parody of gaia rather than runescape on second thought.) Now, lets say that upload form allowed flash files to be uploaded, what harm could it do, right? If newgrounds can do it, why cant they. All you would have to do is download the flash RPG, decompile it, hack it up a bit so that the point values are ungodly, then re-upload to the same server. Voila! Being on the same server allows it access to the same things the original has, mainly the highscore table, and could easlly be used to cheat. I'm not sure how you could code this mission to make it work, but I think it would be a great mission if you could. Just my opinion.
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by Videoboy88 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 pm
([msg=5164]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

How 'bout this. ACTUALLY FIX THE FRIGGIN' links! I clicked on go to forum for realistic 1, and it takes me straight to the one called "Crappysoft!" :evil:
Videoboy88
New User
New User

Post by mutants_r_us_guild on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:35 pm
([msg=5187]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Videoboy88 wrote:How 'bout this. ACTUALLY FIX THE FRIGGIN' links! I clicked on go to forum for realistic 1, and it takes me straight to the one called "Crappysoft!" :evil:

true dat
mutants_r_us_guild
Poster
Poster

Post by c24lightning on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:19 pm
([msg=5212]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Videoboy88 wrote:How 'bout this. ACTUALLY FIX THE FRIGGIN' links! I clicked on go to forum for realistic 1, and it takes me straight to the one called "Crappysoft!" :evil:

How 'bout this: shut up and ask nicely. Report it in the bug reports one time. Let's see you make and run a site this big.
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

Post by c24lightning on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:39 pm
([msg=5290]see Re: What do you want us to do?[/msg])

Oh, and the background image in HTS theme is still not centered. Comperr, you said you were going to fix that. What happened? I'm sure my code will work - I tested it.
Here's some sites you might be interested in:

Need a proxy? Here - user:pass combination is proxy:bypass
c24lightning
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Comments & Suggestions