hacker history

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

hacker history

Post by Swarttica on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:56 pm
([msg=10290]see hacker history[/msg])

I dont know if it's been suggested before but, it'd be cool if we had a hacker history thing that talks about the original hackers, who they were, where they learned to hack exc.
Swarttica
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: hacker history

Post by h4z0r790 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:23 am
([msg=10295]see Re: hacker history[/msg])

Here you go bro
Hacking History Video
h4z0r790
New User
New User

Post by nosidius on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:52 pm
([msg=11355]see Re: hacker history[/msg])

holy S*** it has capn' crunch!!!!!!! and mitnick!!!!!! wow, this is detailed, most people over look capn' crunch........ but he's the perfect example of a phreaker, this should be required watching!!!!!!
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by Jimmy_Riddle on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:16 pm
([msg=12806]see Re: hacker history[/msg])

Prophet, Urville and the Legion of Doom. (LOD) :mrgreen:

The Legion of Doom (LOD) was an extremely influential hacker group that was active from the 1980s to the late 1990s and early 2000. Their name appears to be a reference to the main antagonists of Challenge of the Superfriends.

LOD was founded by the hacker Lex Luthor, after a rift with his previous group the Knights of Shadow (much as the Masters of Deception would later be founded after Phiber Optik had a rift with Chris Goggans and LOD, eventually leading to the Great Hacker War and disbanding of both groups).

The Top Hackers of all Time

Jonathan James: James gained notoriety when he became the first juvenile to be sent to prison for hacking. He was sentenced at 16 years old. In an anonymous PBS interview, he professes, "I was just looking around, playing around. What was fun for me was a challenge to see what I could pull off."

Adrian Lamo: Lamo's claim to fame is his break-ins at major organizations like The New York Times and Microsoft. Dubbed the "homeless hacker," he used Internet connections at Kinko's, coffee shops and libraries to do his intrusions.

Kevin Mitnick: A self-proclaimed "hacker poster boy," Mitnick went through a highly publicized pursuit by authorities. His mischief was hyped by the media but his actual offenses may be less notable than his notoriety suggests. The Department of Justice describes him as "the most wanted computer criminal in United States history."

Kevin Poulsen: Also known as Dark Dante, Poulsen gained recognition for his hack of LA radio's KIIS-FM phone lines, which earned him a brand new Porsche, among other items. Law enforcement dubbed him "the Hannibal Lecter of computer crime."

Robert Tappan Morris: Morris, son of former National Security Agency scientist Robert Morris, is known as the creator of the Morris Worm, the first computer worm to be unleashed on the Internet. As a result of this crime, he was the first person prosecuted under the 1986 Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

Stephen Wozniak: "Woz" is famous for being the "other Steve" of Apple. Wozniak, along with current Apple CEO Steve Jobs, co-founded Apple Computer.

Tim Berners-Lee: Berners-Lee is famed as the inventor of the World Wide Web, the system that we use to access sites, documents and files on the Internet. He has received numerous recognitions, most notably the Millennium Technology Prize.

Linus Torvalds: Torvalds fathered Linux, the very popular Unix-based operating system. He calls himself "an engineer," and has said that his aspirations are simple, "I just want to have fun making the best damn operating system I can."

Richard Stallman: Stallman's fame derives from the GNU Project, which he founded to develop a free operating system. For this, he's known as the father of free software. His "Serious Bio" asserts, "Non-free software keeps users divided and helpless, forbidden to share it and unable to change it. A free operating system is essential for people to be able to use computers in freedom."

John T. Draper: (born 1944), also known as Captain Crunch, Crunch or Crunchman (after Cap'n Crunch, the mascot of a breakfast cereal), is a former phone phreak.

Gary McKinnon: who recently faces more than 50 years in prison if convicted in the US of sabotaging vital defence systems he said he was planning to appeal against the decision, adding: "I am very worried and feeling very let down by my own Government."

Marc Maiffret: "Chameleon," a hacker whom the FBI believed had defaced the Army's artificial intelligence Web site with UFO pictures and theme music to The X-Files. Later charged with stealing Credit Card information.

I wont include Bill Gate in here simply because the only thing he openly admitted to having programmed in his life was a game of tic-tac-toe and for anyone I forgot to mention, sorry, my brain hurts enough already with trying to remember who you all are! :geek:
Jimmy_Riddle
New User
New User

Post by oohal on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:59 am
([msg=12842]see Re: hacker history[/msg])

^^ you're stupid.

If you're interested in the subject I suggest you read Underground.

-oohal
oohal
New User
New User

Post by Jimmy_Riddle on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:50 am
([msg=12859]see Re: hacker history[/msg])

oohal wrote:^^ you're stupid.

If you're interested in the subject I suggest you read Underground.

-oohal

Sorry I thought this was people asking about the subject and what do you suggest I research that I haven't in the fifteen years I've spent in the H/P/V/C/A???

Please keep your smart arse comments to yourself in future and I have already got a copy of that book :idea:

-Jimmy

P.S: I don't see your name up in light's!

<<<<Meow, Meow -- Scratch .. Scratch!>>>>
Jimmy_Riddle
New User
New User

Return to Comments & Suggestions