Linux problems need to be fixed

Got an idea on how things should be done? A problem with something on the site? Voice your opinion!

Linux problems need to be fixed

Post by 133794m3r on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:02 pm
([msg=10006]see Linux problems need to be fixed[/msg])

You guys on HTS say that you if you're going to hack that you need linux b/c nothing else will do. But on the application missions I've still not yet seen a linux version of those programs. And I can't get past the one where you have to edit it b/c you can't exactly edit a binary executable b/c as soon as I do it, it won't load anymore in WINE. It gives me an error. So thus I can't complete the missions. Also I'd like to see you guys finding more Linux based programs in the usefull stuff section. As far as I've seen almost all of it is Windows so thus it does those users like me who are running Linux any good. Cain and Able doesn't work w/ WINE and i'm not about to install a virtual version of Windows. John the ripper doesn't work for my linux version either which angers me greatly. So i'd appreciate more Linux support from you guys since you are the ones who say you need linux and I know that you guys are also running a linux distro.
133794m3r
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Linux problems need to be fixed

Post by ScrAm on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:35 pm
([msg=10012]see Re: Linux problems need to be fixed[/msg])

133794m3r wrote:You guys on HTS say that you if you're going to hack that you need linux b/c nothing else will do.

Not true.
ScrAm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by TheMindRapist on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:42 pm
([msg=10020]see Re: Linux problems need to be fixed[/msg])

Googling linux replacement for <program from useful stuff page here> might help you.
Don't whine, learn.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 133794m3r on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:46 am
([msg=10170]see Re: Linux problems need to be fixed[/msg])

ScrAm wrote:
133794m3r wrote:You guys on HTS say that you if you're going to hack that you need linux b/c nothing else will do.

Not true.

Ahem....
HTS wrote: If you want to hack, you need Linux. Windows just won\'t cut it.

And I was talking about the Application Missions. I can't complete them for I'm on LInux and I can't find a hex editor program that will allow me to edit the executable binary. Then when I run it using WINE it won't run... so yeah... that's a problem. Thats' one of the things that angers me greatly since there is no linux version of any of the application missions.
133794m3r
New User
New User

Return to Comments & Suggestions