Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

FAP is company that slaughters animals and turns their skin into overpriced products which are then sold to rich bastards! Help animal rights activists increase political awareness by hacking their mailing list.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by mirkywatters on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:21 am
([msg=96343]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Anytime I try to use SELECT @@version, I get logged out and receive a `require_auth' error. Kind of annoying when trying to test what is posting database contents to the page.
mirkywatters
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by backyard_gamer on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:36 pm
([msg=96529]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

mirkywatters wrote:Anytime I try to use SELECT @@version, I get logged out and receive a `require_auth' error. Kind of annoying when trying to test what is posting database contents to the page.

I think HTS restricts some queries from being executed. Anyway, you don't really need to know the DB version/dialect. I believe the syntax of UNION ALL is unified across all of them.

-- Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:42 pm --

I have finished this mission, but I have a technical question.
As far as I know, UNION and UNION ALL are exactly the same, except that UNION removes duplicate rows. What I don't really get is why when I use UNION instead of UNION ALL all the rows become blank, although the number of rows is still the same.
backyard_gamer
New User
New User

Post by MrPixelSheep on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:32 pm
([msg=96744]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hello,

I have a question for a mod or someone who has more knowledge than myself. I have solved this mission but have done so in a different way, where there was no need to guess column headings. I am currently taking SQL as part of a unit in a computing course, however it is only an introductory module and I had no idea you can extract information through a (relatively) simple query through the broswer. Now my question is; how did some people guess the column headings and why do the e-mail addresses show up with .jpg file extensions?

Sorry if this contains spoilers. Please tell me to delete if there are.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon :)

Pixel

-- Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:52 pm --

backyard_gamer wrote:
mirkywatters wrote:Anytime I try to use SELECT @@version, I get logged out and receive a `require_auth' error. Kind of annoying when trying to test what is posting database contents to the page.

I think HTS restricts some queries from being executed. Anyway, you don't really need to know the DB version/dialect. I believe the syntax of UNION ALL is unified across all of them.

-- Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:42 pm --

I have finished this mission, but I have a technical question.
As far as I know, UNION and UNION ALL are exactly the same, except that UNION removes duplicate rows. What I don't really get is why when I use UNION instead of UNION ALL all the rows become blank, although the number of rows is still the same.

I think it's because the data is stored in seperate tables. The email table is seperate from the products table so in order get to the emails we need to use UNION ALL to extract infromation from email to products. That's how I see it anyway. I have very limited knowledge with SQL hehe :)
MrPixelSheep
New User
New User

Post by zaibotw on Wed May 01, 2019 5:44 am
([msg=98133]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hi,

Sorry for this post. Right after I've sent it, I realized my mistake. As a hint to people who think that their solution should work, but it doesn't: Think about the data type of the variable you're injecting into. It's not a string (as I assumed).
zaibotw
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 4) Fischer's Animal Products