Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Neural_Soldier on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:00 am
([msg=18141]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

hi
I am 35 and work in help desk environment
I do know some html but fairly noob at hacking
I want to learn more hacking and network security skills to increase job opportunities
Neural_Soldier
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by IncandescentLight on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:55 am
([msg=18146]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Yeah, I hope so. Anyways, Linux gets less viruses because the majority of viruses/trojans are badly written and the target the C: drive, which in Linux is /. So they're deleting nothing :D
Speak softly and carry a big stick -Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.rhetoricalcatch.blogspot.com
IncandescentLight
Poster
Poster

Post by ninja_ducky on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 pm
([msg=18206]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

'ello!

I'm 21 and newb extraordinaire. Just a girl who likes to dance, snowboard, and play video games. I speak Japanese, converse passably in ASL, and can understand cooking instructions in Italian.

Just call me Ducky ;)
ninja_ducky
New User
New User

Post by Karec on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 pm
([msg=18242]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

ninja_ducky wrote:'ello!

I'm 21 and newb extraordinaire. Just a girl who likes to dance, snowboard, and play video games. I speak Japanese, converse passably in ASL, and can understand cooking instructions in Italian.

Just call me Ducky ;)

Out of curiosity what type of dancing? I partake in some ballroom and street dances myself.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled
Karec
Poster
Poster

Post by worldofchampions on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm
([msg=18261]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi. I'm an old old old woman from a far far away land. I am looking to hire someone to test security on a site and create a web page. For immediate hire.

Sorry if I'm posting in wrong area. I am new on the site. Please don't banish me to the never world.

Worldofchampions.

dfarook@hotmail.com
worldofchampions
New User
New User

Post by Timothevs on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:32 am
([msg=18277]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Heej,

I'm Tim. I'm from Holland, I'm 21 years old and I study biology. I know next to nothing about programming, but I need to learn because of the Statistics and the Biological Computersimulation Models courses (which use some obscure program without interface, only code). And this site seemed like a nice project to keep learning programming fun. Maybe, one day, I'll be able to hack my Student Organisations computer network :twisted:

O, and my hobbies ofcourse: I love sailing (living near the Sea is paradise!), Jiu-Jitsu, languages (Latin, Chinese, and other weird languages), playing guitar (especially Metal is fun to play), watching TV and playing computer games.

Greetings, Tim
EX HOC MOMENTO PENDET ÆTERNITAS
Timothevs
New User
New User

Post by ninja_ducky on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:06 pm
([msg=18299]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Ballet and street mostly, though it would be fun to get involved in some Ballroom one day. How'd you get started?
ninja_ducky
New User
New User

Post by sapphem on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:57 pm
([msg=18364]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Being the noob is always my least favorite part of a new community, but it has to happen.

I'm 28 years old and from California. I've spent the better part of the last 11 years being moved into different jobs because of my "computer skill"...of course, that just meant that I caught on faster than others with basic MS Office crap and I know how to fix a printer. I spent 8 years in the Navy in advanced electronics (though over half that time was spent in tasking outside my rate...stupid Navy). At my latest job, I was told by two computer techs and our network administrator that I was in the wrong job a lower management and should move into working with networking and stuff like that.

Until now, I've been basic level with just about everything. I've designed a few web site for ungrateful people; I read HTML coding books as a hobby; I do basic computer fixes for my family. But I'm hoping to expand my knowledge. Not trying to sound arrogant, but I know I can do pretty much whatever I want if I make the effort to learn how things are really done.

Aside from computers, I'm a Jack-of-all-trades. I know how to do a little bit of everything and can bullshit my way through just about anything. I'm not far away from 30, so I figure it's about time I started doing something with my life instead of just putting in enough effort to get by.
sapphem
New User
New User

Post by UKJOEY1994 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:23 pm
([msg=18495]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi im Joey im 15 only just started learning how to hack and to be honest im still learning how to read and write HTML lol.
I bmx,play games and spend alot of time on my computer.I dont have a job because most businesses dont employ anyone under 16 but when i am 16 i aim to get i job in the computer industry.I do earn money though by fixing friends and familys computers but its still only just enough to pay for parts for my crappy pc lol. :D
UKJOEY1994
New User
New User

Post by Is It The Shoes on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:08 am
([msg=18624]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello! My name is Brad, I'm 23. I'm a bassist, a paintball player, and an avid gamer. And I'm here because this kind of thing has always interested me.
Is It The Shoes
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone