Basic Mission 8

Bad threads go here

Re: Basic Mission 8

Post by DuckyVader on Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm
([msg=3380]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Yes!!! :D , i was working on this for hours and i finally got it! you just have to remember to go to the parent directory. :oops:
DuckyVader
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by po_jo_45 on Wed May 28, 2008 2:49 pm
([msg=3431]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Finally!

I finally understand when everyone says dont over think on this mission, and it all has to do with the initial code that you enter

Good luck! :P
po_jo_45
New User
New User

Post by LupoBHS on Thu May 29, 2008 5:10 am
([msg=3484]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I dont get it please help what am I doing WRONG??? I put in the ls command in the enter your name and get a bunch of shtml codes what the heck are they and where and how do I get to the password file?? I read the whole tutorial on ssi commands but I dont know what the next step is please help I am going crazy!
LupoBHS
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 10:08 am
([msg=3504]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

sounds like u got the wrong command
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by rip06 on Thu May 29, 2008 10:12 am
([msg=3505]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

LupoBHS wrote:I dont get it please help what am I doing WRONG??? I put in the ls command in the enter your name and get a bunch of shtml codes what the heck are they and where and how do I get to the password file?? I read the whole tutorial on ssi commands but I dont know what the next step is please help I am going crazy!

Think over where you are and where you wanne be, and how you can get there...
rip06
New User
New User

Post by H4x0r-512 on Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 pm
([msg=3512]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I need help, I am new at this and am stuck. I don't want the answer, but rather a tip or a push in the right direction. I tryed using SSI but they said I wasn't allowed. Is there any hints you guys can give me?
H4x0r-512
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 29, 2008 3:38 pm
([msg=3529]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

you need SSI but you need the exact right SSI so think carefully on what you need to achieve and read over the SSI commands and how to run them
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by LupoBHS on Fri May 30, 2008 5:39 am
([msg=3695]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

rip06 wrote:
LupoBHS wrote:I dont get it please help what am I doing WRONG??? I put in the ls command in the enter your name and get a bunch of shtml codes what the heck are they and where and how do I get to the password file?? I read the whole tutorial on ssi commands but I dont know what the next step is please help I am going crazy!

Think over where you are and where you wanne be, and how you can get there...

Thats the problem I dunno where Im supposed to be. The directions confuse me because Sam saved the password in the /var/ file but then it says something about Sams daughter writing a PHP script and Im lost. Everyone keeps talking about using ../ what the heck is that are the dots used as censorship in order to not spoil the mission? and one post said all you need is this website and this post which mentioned windows explorer navigation how do I do that? I havent really had a problem with any of the missions until now. Im probably just being stupid :x
LupoBHS
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Fri May 30, 2008 6:23 am
([msg=3713]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

im pretty sure the dots r just periods
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Post by Ark_Rat on Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 pm
([msg=3781]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I'm squeezin' out my brains trying to figure this one out. Knowing me, I'm just overthinking things. I've checked out the tutorials, I realize the hint given earlier about knowing how to navigate your browser, the only thing that eludes me is the command. All I ask is a gentle push in the right direction, as every command I try nets me the "Can't use this because dudes might try seriously mal commands, yeah? Try again, you're facing the right way" message. I've google'd and wiki'd my arse off...

EDIT: Fsck it man! It was so fscking simple! I found the correct syntax, total bank, man. That was all my bad. Now I have the various .shtml thingies, and I can go from there, yeah?

EDIT THE SECOND: COMPLETELY TOTAL BANK, MAN! I found the right syntax, yeah? But I was in the total wrong place man! So I checked out the commands from the links earlier, yeah? Found what I needed, and fix'd it. Worked like a Hotel California Dream, man.
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell
One more hacker reporting sir
I've served my time in hell
Ark_Rat
New User
New User

Location: Location unknown. Last seen fitting penguins with signal jammers.

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard