Americans - War in Iraq?

Bad threads go here

Re: Americans - War in Iraq?

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:16 am
([msg=6956]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

First of all, IGNORE SADDAM!! THAT WAS NOT THE POINT OF GOING TO WAR!!
The US Govt are trying to make us forget that WMDs were the actual point (WMDs is also synonymous for oil) and make us all "woop! we're doing our job!".
I'm from the UK - at first I was really, really against UK troops going to Iraq, but now I realise we had little choice. We owed America a favour after WWII. Still, it was an illegal war... :?
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by T3hR34p3r on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:47 pm
([msg=6984]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:First of all, IGNORE SADDAM!! THAT WAS NOT THE POINT OF GOING TO WAR!!
The US Govt are trying to make us forget that WMDs were the actual point (WMDs is also synonymous for oil) and make us all "woop! we're doing our job!".
I'm from the UK - at first I was really, really against UK troops going to Iraq, but now I realise we had little choice. We owed America a favour after WWII. Still, it was an illegal war... :?

Mate has a point. America DID come in and beat the sh*t out of the Nazis, so I guess we can let it slide, just this once.

You got it Bush? Just.... This... Once...
Good boy.
They call me Ishmael... I'm not sure why.
T3hR34p3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:14 pm
([msg=6988]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

T3hR34p3r wrote:Mate has a point. America DID come in and beat the sh*t out of the Nazis, so I guess we can let it slide, just this once.

You got it Bush? Just.... This... Once...
Good boy.

Although I say that, the Iraq war was illegal so should the UK be stepping in to help in an illegal war?
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheHardcore on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 am
([msg=9240]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

does anyone agree with the following?
he (Saddam) was not letting NATO in, and he was not so subtly hinting that he was going to strike at the west
did anyone notice how quickly they threw out any possibility that they had gotten rid of the WMDs before we (USA) arrived? doesn't it look kinda easy for them to transport wmds into Iran or even Syria?
and if he didnt have them you can be sure he was going to try
I find it funny that you can put illegal/legal and war in the same sentence

AND FOR THE LAST TIME!!! WE'RE NOT THERE FOR THE OIL!!! we cannot take a bit of their oil from them

you can't put all the blame on bush (if you are being fair, also if you understand how USA's government works)
part of the blame can go to NSA and CIA
has anyone heard of the balance of power? three branches? bicameral house?
I mean Bush is the guy that gets all the flak (it comes with the job), but he isn't the whole problem, there is a lot of wrong I am seeing with congress.... for **** sake they're on vacation right now while they should be doing their jobs! haven't they ever heard of an emergency session?
if I am missing something please PM :roll:
TheHardcore
New User
New User

Post by Sonic7145 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:20 pm
([msg=9290]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

TheHardcore wrote:does anyone agree with the following?
he (Saddam) was not letting NATO in, and he was not so subtly hinting that he was going to strike at the west
did anyone notice how quickly they threw out any possibility that they had gotten rid of the WMDs before we (USA) arrived? doesn't it look kinda easy for them to transport wmds into Iran or even Syria?

AND FOR THE LAST TIME!!! WE'RE NOT THERE FOR THE OIL!!! we cannot take a bit of their oil from them

you can't put all the blame on bush (if you are being fair, also if you understand how USA's government works)
I mean Bush is the guy that gets all the flak (it comes with the job), but he isn't the whole problem, there is a lot of wrong I am seeing with congress.... for **** sake they're on vacation right now while they should be doing their jobs! haven't they ever heard of an emergency session?

The president of the U.S. knowingly lead the Americans into a war based on false intelligence. The stated goal was to find WMD, of which there were none. You can beat Syria and Iran don't have them, as you said. Syria complies with inspectors, and Iran, well, if they had them, let's just say you'd know.

However, you're right on one point. Bush is incompetent and is an idiot and a terrible president, but Congress hasn't done well lately, either.
Sonic7145
Poster
Poster

Post by thedotmaster on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:28 pm
([msg=9418]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

NATO can't just storm into any country they want! Lmfao...
And hinting he was going to strike at the west? Where's your evidence for that? Pft.

Not easy at all. This isn't grain or oil or even cocaine. These are WMDs.

Ugh what?

Why? A legal war is one with just reasons, following a set list of guidelines for war. An illegal one is one (such as the Iraq war that had no just reasons and evidence to back up the reasons.

Ugh they go in and bring down oil prices, that'd be the main goal.

Correct, but then we didn't just blame Bush did we?

Well he is the president! He's the one who should get the flak!
If Nike make a batch of dodgy trainers, it's not the CEOs fault (it's most likely the person who supplied the materials or made them) but the CEO always gets the blame. It comes with the job.

Yep, you're missing knowledge and sense.
Good day.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by satanswrath on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:27 am
([msg=11675]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

The presence of American soldiers there is totally 'Politisized', They are made thinking that there is some kind of evil in Iraq when the true reason is Oil. America is running out of oil so they need to break into other countries under then name of :'Terrorist destructors''
satanswrath
New User
New User

Post by nosidius on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:24 am
([msg=11704]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

saddam had violate the treaty 137 times......... thats what made it possible to go in force, and they used WMD's as an excuse to stir up the public, this makes more sense if you look at the turn of events

to keep going with this, iran got their nuclear stuff somewhere.......... they could have very easily have tooken apart any weapons given to them (probably something red mafia, knowing how that area of the world is) and then converted the uranium to something energy based as an excuse

id also like to know wtf those satellite images are.............. they're the ones that make a difference
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by satanswrath on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:12 pm
([msg=12039]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

And I want to comment on 1 last thing, America hardly did shit in WW2, it came up late when Soviet forces have already kicked Faschist's ass.. americans come and 'beat them'.. and im still surprised how some retards still think usa helped europe in WW2 (UK dont count, they will always think so)
satanswrath
New User
New User

Post by sidebottom on Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:25 am
([msg=15269]see Re: Americans - War in Iraq?[/msg])

Go to the following link and watch the first half of the Saddam's Confessions, Part 2 video. This explains where the WMDs went and why EVERYONE still thought he had them, not just the intelligence in the USA.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/ ... 9494.shtml

Also, how many of you knew that more than 1.2 million pounds of uranium (you know, the stuff used for making nuclear weapons a.k.a. WMDs) was removed from Iraq this summer?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334/

How about the 16 UN resolutions that Saddam repeatedly defied for over a decade? Does that count for anything?

How come the overwhelming majority of people (both US and not US citizens) don't know these facts? How come all they can do is claim that the invasion of Iraq was "a war for oil?"

Don't let yourselves be brainwashed, people. Do your research. Come to your own conclusions not those of someone else.
sidebottom
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Graveyard