Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Just a quick question...(no spoilers please)

Post by nobody_at_all on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:47 pm
([msg=5366]see Just a quick question...(no spoilers please)[/msg])

The XECryption algorithm works like this: the password the user chose is first manipulated to produce a unique number(this is accomplished by adding the ASCII value of every character in the password to produce one large total). This is used as the encryption key.

Every letter, when encrypted, takes on the following format: ".193.144.164". Three numbers separated by periods. To produce this, the following happens to each character of the text the user wishes to encrypt. The password key is added to the ASCII value of the letter, then it is divided by three. A random number between -10 and 10 is added to this new number. This becomes the first number in the series, and is repeated to produce the second number. The third number is the difference between the first two final numbers and the original ASCII value plus the password key.

And we need to decrypt an entire letter, assuming that there will be at least every letter used there is 26 possible letters per every 3 sets. And according to the information above there will be 10 possible variations of the first set, causeing supposedly 10 possible variations as well to the second set, now the third set will be the difference between the two? So that right there is about 100 variations per letter? Or am i counting wrong?

If it is 100 per letter is there anyway to narrow it down?

Well trial and error was the way for me..... still is there a way to narrow it down?
nobody_at_all
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: i need assistance

Post by Auxis on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:46 pm
([msg=5527]see Re: i need assistance[/msg])

IP_Assassin has a good point. What he's referring to is Frequency Analysis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_analysis). Which is what I used to solve this. I hope this helps!
Auxis
New User
New User

Re: Just a quick question...(no spoilers please)

Post by T3hR34p3r on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:06 am
([msg=6052]see Re: Just a quick question...(no spoilers please)[/msg])

That's a great site you're looking on, it'll tell you a lot about what you need to know about XECryption.

That being said: this is really a cryptology mission. Now Cryptology happens to be my specialty(If I do say so myself), and let me try to help you out a little bit. Yes, there are about 100 variations, but you only need to learn ONE character. Once you learn that character, the other ones will fall quickly in place. It's all about what the person used as their password key. If you can figure out the value of of the password key you'll be able to decrypt the message. So start by going backwards. It's not much a spoiler to tell you how XECryption is decrypted, as you can find it anywhere on google. You add all three numbers together, and subtract that value by the password key. That's the ASCII value, which you swap for a character.

I know, this is vague and sounds more like a XECryption tutorial than some help, but it should be able to help you out a bit.
They call me Ishmael... I'm not sure why.
T3hR34p3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: message

Post by ZeroChaos on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:06 pm
([msg=6242]see Re: message[/msg])

Send it via the HTS Message Center
ZeroChaos
New User
New User

Post by T3hR34p3r on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:09 pm
([msg=6244]see Re: message[/msg])

Go look at the mission briefing again, use the HTS message center to send it to the guy who asked you to do it.
T3hR34p3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by fooonomy on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:59 pm
([msg=6492]see Re: message[/msg])

I decrypted it with python.

When I try to send a message to ToxiCo_Watch, I get an error stating that the user does not exist. In the user list, there are a couple of people with usernames beginning with "tox," but none of them resemble this. What am I missing?
fooonomy
New User
New User

erm is this working right?

Post by thedemon1987 on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:04 pm
([msg=6555]see erm is this working right?[/msg])

i got the message and password quite quickly, its sending the message thats the problem i get the "message succesfully sent to ToiCO_Watch" but i havnt passed the mission, so either i did it wrong or its not working properly, can anyone confirm if the bot is whacked, that would make me feel alot better!!
thedemon1987
New User
New User

Post by T3hR34p3r on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:51 am
([msg=6605]see Re: message[/msg])

fooonomy wrote:I decrypted it with python.

When I try to send a message to ToxiCo_Watch, I get an error stating that the user does not exist. In the user list, there are a couple of people with usernames beginning with "tox," but none of them resemble this. What am I missing?

Are you sending the message in the forums or in the HTS messanger?
T3hR34p3r
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: erm is this working right?

Post by Rimmos on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:00 pm
([msg=6854]see Re: erm is this working right?[/msg])

His name is ToxiCo_Watch not Toico_watch
Rimmos
New User
New User

about the ascii space value

Post by Smeezinator on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:49 pm
([msg=7010]see about the ascii space value[/msg])

I'm working on decrypting the message, and I've found the sums of the first 100 characters and sorted them least to greatest. Now I'm wondering, shouldn't the first number in the list (sorted least to greatest) be the value of a space, since the space has the smallest ascii value? It appears not to be, as there were only 2 of it, so I'm wondering why.
Please help!
Thanks
Smeezinator
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals