Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

A little girl made a website to post poetry related to peace and understanding. American fascists have hacked this website replacing it with Hitler-esque propaganda. Can you repair the website?

Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide

Post by tremor77 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:06 pm
([msg=37526]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Not too spoiler-ish.. was what I needed to think "simpler". Kick-Self-In-Head - can't believe I actually spent several hours on this one.
tremor77
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by srhnz on Sat May 08, 2010 11:21 pm
([msg=38455]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I'm with you tremor77...Spent hours on it yesterday and got nowhere...was in it for 5 minutes today and got it. The secret..think 'basics'. I'm now off to kick myself in the head several times :)
srhnz
New User
New User

Post by Invocation on Thu May 20, 2010 1:02 pm
([msg=38843]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

The trick for me was realizing I didn't need the same level of access as the original hacker appeared to have had in order to accomplish what was asked of me. Hopefully that helps some poor soul languishing at the end of the thread...
Invocation
New User
New User

Post by Nextman on Tue May 25, 2010 6:58 am
([msg=39039]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I actually wasted a lot of time trying to insert a text file like aaa.html, containing a random string like 'gsdasadfgsdfgxdfg'
I thought if i could do this, then i could create an index.html file with the desired content.
Problem was that I could not create such a test file, it doesn't work, BUT I COULD create the index file.
So you have to go for the final solution at once, because HTS does not let you do anything else.
Nextman
New User
New User

Post by onidsouza on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:12 pm
([msg=40832]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I'm still cracking my head at this...
Basic Missions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Realistic Missions: 1 2 3 4
onidsouza
New User
New User

Post by omicrom on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:51 pm
([msg=40865]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

i too am stuck on this one. I really dont want to have the answer how to do it. I am more interested in what monica meant all those days ago when she side
Think about HOW you registered your HTS username. Registering the username would require a password and an e-mail, which means that the submitted information is stored.

I googled it as best as i could and i only found simple troubleshooting junk. Nothing technical that would really help me learn.

So how else is login info stored besides in databases.(i assume there is more then just databases because it is not listed in monica "What you need to know" part.
omicrom
New User
New User

Post by Narphet on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:36 am
([msg=40898]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

I think this gets alot easier once you know exactly what it is you're supposed to be doing. You just have to change the front-page back to how it was. It doesn't matter how you do it.
Last edited by Narphet on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Narphet
New User
New User

Post by insomaniacal on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:57 am
([msg=40901]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

omicrom wrote:i too am stuck on this one. I really dont want to have the answer how to do it. I am more interested in what monica meant all those days ago when she side
Think about HOW you registered your HTS username. Registering the username would require a password and an e-mail, which means that the submitted information is stored.

I googled it as best as i could and i only found simple troubleshooting junk. Nothing technical that would really help me learn.

So how else is login info stored besides in databases.(i assume there is more then just databases because it is not listed in monica "What you need to know" part.

Monica is giving you information indirectly, either that, or she's screwing with you xD. Your logins are stored in a database (well probably your username and a hash of your password). But that's not the point. Your input has to be submitted by the code in the webpage to the database somehow. Maybe you should look at those login forms closely! Maybe they can help you submit some custom information to the Peace Poetry site.
It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes
insomaniacal.blog.com
insomaniacal
Addict
Addict

Post by bLACKBUBK on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm
([msg=41300]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

i searched google for directory traversal but all i got was irrelevant material.it doesnot fully explains the concept.i would be grateful if someone could post a link to the guide or write an article about it.
bLACKBUBK
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:59 pm
([msg=41302]see Re: Realistic 3 - 'Peace Poetry' Guide[/msg])

Have you tried basic 9 yet? Make sure you can complete that before you try this realistic.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 3) Peace Poetry: HACKED