Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Racist pigs are organizing an 'anti-immigrant' rally in Chicago. Help anti-racist activists take over their website!

Re: Stuck

Post by Mr_Styl3 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:31 pm
([msg=5704]see Re: Stuck[/msg])

gro0003 wrote:Okay okay, I've read the articles but it's just getting too technical. I'm not even sure what SQL injection IS, I'm not sure if I type something in the user/pass section or the url, I've got no idea what to type in (I know the statement has to 'always be true' but I don't know ANYTHING about SQL and google isn't helping.)

The only way to do it is to learn...
The mission is essentially pointless if you do not learn from it. Just google 'Basic SQL injections', read some articles, then come back and try again.
You may have to try many different basic injections as there is only one that properly works in the username and password fields.
Good luck ;)
- Mr_Styl3
Mr_Styl3
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Realistic 2 help

Post by aen1gma on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm
([msg=5754]see Re: Realistic 2 help[/msg])

hey guys using the guide of http://www.securiteam.com/securityreviews/5DP0N1P76E.html i've been able to get SQL error: but then i get stuck any further hints that may assist me?
aen1gma
New User
New User

Post by Damascus2k8 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:37 pm
([msg=5764]see Re: Realistic 2 help[/msg])

This is an early Realistic mission and it is marked 'easy' so think simple, what is the simplest SQL Injection there is? What would you normally use when testing for an SQL Injection vulnerability? Its usually the first mentioned example when you read about it! (hope that's not too much :P)

That is really all i can say without giving the whole thing away.

Good Luck!
--Damascus

C0362AF19B89E861F21485CE1D2B430E

"Change your thoughts and you change your world!"
Damascus2k8
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by aen1gma on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:30 am
([msg=5810]see Re: Realistic 2 help[/msg])

i am trying the most basic vulnerability test i've researched and tried a few diffrent vunrability tests and each time i get

Invalid username/password. Get the fuck out.

SQL Error:

am i doing something wrong here or am i just not going far enough?

do PM me if you can't post in here for spoiler reasons, i don't want to be told the solution but i would like to know where i'm going wrong
aen1gma
New User
New User

Post by gro0003 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 am
([msg=5917]see Re: Stuck[/msg])

Mr_Styl3 wrote:
gro0003 wrote:Okay okay, I've read the articles but it's just getting too technical. I'm not even sure what SQL injection IS, I'm not sure if I type something in the user/pass section or the url, I've got no idea what to type in (I know the statement has to 'always be true' but I don't know ANYTHING about SQL and google isn't helping.)

The only way to do it is to learn...
The mission is essentially pointless if you do not learn from it. Just google 'Basic SQL injections', read some articles, then come back and try again.
You may have to try many different basic injections as there is only one that properly works in the username and password fields.
Good luck ;)
- Mr_Styl3

Re-read the bits I quoted. ;D

I've read plenty of articles, I just can't understand what the hell they're trying to tell me.
gro0003
New User
New User

Post by Worden on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:58 am
([msg=6120]see Re: Realistic 2 help[/msg])

Well I managed to find update.html by myself but I cat go any further. I also checked http://www.securiteam.com/securityrevie ... 1P76E.html but it didnt help me either. I guess Im not bright enough. What should I do
Worden
New User
New User

Post by toned17 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:07 pm
([msg=6143]see Re: Stuck[/msg])

I've just completed this mission,obviously i have put in the correct SQl injection since it is saying "Mission 2 Accompolished" Was it meant to be that easy or have i somehow cut the mission short?

On the other hand i'm a complete amateur at this type of thing and for all those still struggling check out this link, it will def help!

http://www.cert-in.org.in/knowledgebase ... 005-06.pdf
toned17
New User
New User

Post by absolutedisaster on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:19 pm
([msg=6146]see Re: Stuck[/msg])

^^ that helped a HUGE amount...thanks for that.
absolutedisaster
New User
New User

Post by rigger_john on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:04 pm
([msg=6241]see Re: Realistic 2 help[/msg])

Worden wrote:I also checked http://www.securiteam.com/securityrevie ... 1P76E.html but it didnt help me either.

Check again, re-read carfuly and try to understand what the querys are doing. try putting them anywhere you can. You will get there if you stick at it.

Worden wrote: I guess Im not bright enough. What should I do

Don't be so hard on yourself. There are plenty of others that can do that for you :)
<disclaimer>
I know nothing about hacking, I've just managed to stumble through a few missions
</disclaimer>

FOR ALL THE MISSION ANSWERS CLICK HERE!
rigger_john
New User
New User

Post by thedemon1987 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:14 pm
([msg=6486]see Re: Stuck[/msg])

lol this is so gay, ive been trying to do this since like 9 am i didnt go to work cause i was still trying to do it, and guess what i still cant do it, even though ive used injections before, i just cant get it, lol think its about time i gave up :D
thedemon1987
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 2) Chicago American Nazi Party