Finally got my raspberry PI!!!

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

Re: Finally got my raspberry PI!!!

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:13 am
([msg=83441]see Re: Finally got my raspberry PI!!![/msg])

TheTechBrony wrote:From that description, it doesn't sound very good.

Heh, I hoped I just peaked your interest to do some research yourself. But to clarify, what makes it good is the low power consumption (just over 2W at maximum), the price ($35), the support, the OS (Linux!), the open source nature of most of the software and the way it can be used for teaching/learning programming, as a low cost/low power media centre, as a web/cloud/ssh/mail/whatever server or in whatever projects people can think of (like robots, home automation, car computers or electrical engineering).

It doesn't really shine as a desktop/laptop or similar device as it was never intended as such. That's why it shouldn't be compared to one ;).
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by drak15 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:30 am
([msg=96934]see Re: Finally got my raspberry PI!!![/msg])

There is a great deal that this gadget can do, however my first undertaking would be to setup Home Automation. I believe that would be really cool! What's more, I would love to get myself a second gadget to run Linux on, and you know bear it in my workstation sack (it has a battery clearly) thus I have my investigation material on the second gadget. Beyond any doubt one could utilize a PC or an advanced mobile phone for this however every one of the nerds here realize for what reason you'd preferably utilize the PI :nerd: It's simply excessively damn wonderful! lol
New User

Post by fezziwig on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:38 pm
([msg=99488]see Re: Finally got my raspberry PI!!![/msg])

Yeah congratulation bro' for this share ! :D :D

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
fezziwig
New User
New User

Post by smithclarkson02 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:50 am
([msg=103537]see Re: Finally got my raspberry PI!!![/msg])

Congrats Man!
[COLOR="#FFFFFF"]9appsapk.vinvidmateapp.vinvlc.vin[/COLOR]
smithclarkson02
New User
New User

Post by beckhere1 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:58 am
([msg=105448]see Re: Finally got my raspberry PI!!![/msg])

There is a lot that this device can do, but my first project would be to setup Home Automation. I think that would be pretty cool! And I would love to get japanese myself a second device to run Linux on, and you know carry it around in my laptop bag (it has a battery obviously) and so I have my study material on the second device. Sure one could use a laptop or a smart phone for this but all the plushies geeks here know why you'd rather use the PI :geek: It's just too damn awesome! lol
beckhere1
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Hardware