Hey

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Hey

Post by Sp00ky_Tortoise on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:57 pm
([msg=92104]see Hey[/msg])

Umm... Hi. I guess. I dont really know what im doing to be honest here, and this is probably really embarrassing. And i understand if i get teased or mocked for this, but I at least have to try. I need help. I was wondering if anybody would be willing to point me in the right direction of how to start learning? A mentor or teacher would be amazing, but i doubt anyone here would want to waste their time doing that. The gist is i want to learn how to do this sort of thing. I just have no idea where to start, and when starting a new field of study it never hurts to get a little guidance from the veterans or well seasoned visitors of this site and of the field of hacking in general. I basically know 0 about this stuff, but I want to know more. Anyone willing to help? if not, its cool. Im sure ill figure it out somehow.
Sp00ky_Tortoise
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hey

Post by -Ninjex- on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:27 am
([msg=92105]see Re: Hey[/msg])

Get familiar with the search feature

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=9726
For those that know
K: 0x2CD8D4F9
-Ninjex-

Post by Sp00ky_Tortoise on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:26 pm
([msg=92109]see Re: Hey[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:Get familiar with the search feature

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=9726

Thank you so much. That post you linked me to really helped. Sorry if I came off as needy or ignorant. Thanks again, friend.
Sp00ky_Tortoise
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:26 am
([msg=92113]see Re: Hey[/msg])

No worries, enjoy your stay!
For those that know
K: 0x2CD8D4F9
-Ninjex-

Post by Misanthropydotexe on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:15 pm
([msg=92116]see Re: Hey[/msg])

This approach may not work for you for a variety of reasons, but here's what I did.

After lurking on this site for a while, then joining and participating while attempting to learn on my own (which I am not good with for the same reasons that I've never beaten an Elder Scrolls games), I finally decided to go the formal route. Now I'm in school. I've taken Java, C, C++, about to do some Assembly, and next semester I'm taking Data Structures, Intro to Computer Security, Intro to Networks, and over the summer I'll be taking "web programming."

Not only will this help you learn in a structured way (the best way I personally learn) but it will also give you a piece of paper to show off to potential employers.

Just my one cent (I only get one, due to my status as a super noobling :P)
My armor is Contempt. My shield is Disgust. My sword is Hatred.
Respect not pity or weakness, for they are a disease which makes sick the strong
/sbin/poweroff
Misanthropydotexe
Poster
Poster

Return to General