Remote Missions?

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: Remote Missions?

Post by -Ninjex- on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 pm
([msg=74629]see Re: Remote Missions?[/msg])

3vilp4wn wrote:There could be a system where users with >x points could review the missions, to free up time for the admins. There would still need to be a malware\pirated content\etc. check first though..

I don't think the points should have anything to do with it. However, conducting an interview with members willing to help out, seems like a more logical way to go about it.
For those that know
K: 0x2CD8D4F9
-Ninjex-

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by 3vilp4wn on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm
([msg=74630]see Re: Remote Missions?[/msg])

-Ninjex- wrote:I don't think the points should have anything to do with it. However, conducting an interview with members willing to help out, seems like a more logical way to go about it.

That would work. I was thinking points to weed out n00bs, but an interview would work better.
Do not mistake understanding for realization, and do not mistake realization for liberation
Evil Ninja Hackers
???
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

1A4EAMboaXpgvUSmtRbVRqbfJrbyuGhyoo
3vilp4wn
Poster
Poster

Post by DrRoach on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am
([msg=74632]see Re: Remote Missions?[/msg])

I really like the idea of these missions it would be a good way for fellow users to set challenges for each other.
DrRoach
Poster
Poster

Post by 0phidian on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:31 pm
([msg=74634]see Re: Remote Missions?[/msg])

This sounds awesome.
Maybe a sub-forumn could be created for users to submit links to remote missions. Or it could be like the article system, you submit a link and maybe some instructions and after a mod has checked it out, the link could be published on the main site. Of course if the mission involved a remote machine, rather than an application or reversing mission, the user would need to submit proof of ownership and permission. A disclaimer for remote missions might also be good, just in case, to keep HTS out of trouble.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by weekend hacker on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 pm
([msg=74664]see Re: Remote Missions?[/msg])

Relevant: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8520&p=65344

It describes things. The BTA-1 was the first test and a fairly simple mission. At this point though, neither the api or the remote host that beta was on is running so I'm afraid you guys don't get to play.
I still very much like the idea of remote missions and hope to implement in fully in the future, but at this stage the main focus is on fixing old crap.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to General