Decipher POCSAG

Wired and wireless telecommunications networks and devices

Decipher POCSAG

Post by ThorsBerserker on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:51 am
([msg=91550]see Decipher POCSAG[/msg])

Dear community!
First of all i have to apologise for my bad English-skills - I try to do my best but I´m Austrian ;)
For a few weeks I try to gain insight into the world of SDR. Now i located a POCSAG signal BUT the messages are encrypted (you can see it on the pic). I use SDRSharp and PDW Pager for getting a signal and decoding it - is there any software which makes it possible to decipher the enctrypted message?
Thank you for your answers!
ThorsBerserker
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Decipher POCSAG

Post by limdis on Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:50 pm
([msg=91605]see Re: Decipher POCSAG[/msg])

Huh this is interesting. I don't enough about this to really help you out but in general in terms of encryption this stuff looks hashed. Meaning that it's going to be very difficult to decipher without having any idea what they key could be or the hashing method used.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by boriz666 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:04 am
([msg=91627]see Re: Decipher POCSAG[/msg])

Greetings,
have you setup PDW to automatically decode POCSAG packets?

Go to Options -> Options and Click Enable Pocsag Decoding, and ensure the 512, 1200 and 2400 boxes are all checked. Also, ensure Enable Flex Decoding is enabled and that the 1600, 3200 and 6400 boxes are all checked.

Should work then.
boriz666
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by ThorsBerserker on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:22 am
([msg=91700]see Re: Decipher POCSAG[/msg])

limdis wrote:Huh this is interesting. I don't enough about this to really help you out but in general in terms of encryption this stuff looks hashed. Meaning that it's going to be very difficult to decipher without having any idea what they key could be or the hashing method used.

Hm... It´s possible for me to get the decoded messenges - but I don´t know what to do next?

boriz666 wrote:Go to Options -> Options and Click Enable Pocsag Decoding, and ensure the 512, 1200 and 2400 boxes are all checked. Also, ensure Enable Flex Decoding is enabled and that the 1600, 3200 and 6400 boxes are all checked.

I exactly use those settings...

-- Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:42 am --

No ideas? :(
ThorsBerserker
New User
New User

Return to Telecommunications