4am is Lonely

Random things go here

4am is Lonely

Post by Spe-edS on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:56 am
([msg=30339]see 4am is Lonely[/msg])

<rant>
i need to find some insomniacs to hang out with!

now, i'm not an insomniac, although i do stay up all night usually. i've had people call me an insomniac for that reason; they are confused on what insomnia is.

however, i gotta say... i wish there were more people up past 4am in my town... and i don't mean people just happen to be still awake from a night of partying, that wouldn't make for good company (albeit entertaining). i'm talking people who have a reversed schedule like me. at 4 am, i've been awake for less than 12 hours, but generally more than 10, so i do get some good evening interaction, but to me it's like having breakfast at a party. for eg, my first meal today was at the saddledome just before the flames home opener. it's just boring to be awake and not even have the option to call a friend or play bass or drums etc because i'm going to disturb someone or because the world works with the sun.

now i've voiced this issue before, and i always get the same response; don't stay up all night. but i hate being awake during normal hours! also, i just tend to naturally be up on the reverse side of things. when i do have to be up during the day (for eg, WORK) i feel like i'm constantly tired, out of it, and just not functioning properly. when i get to sleep during the day i feel refreshed, and on the ball. you know, the way you should feel after a really good night's sleep.

it's disheartening to know that the nightlife here usually ends at 3 or 4. i mean come on.... i can't be the only one that is up all night. can i? well obviously people work at night, but do they all wake up early and sleep as soon as they get off just to hit the normal evening social hour and still get their 8 hours?

maybe i'm just wired backwards; to oppose the natural order of things.

there are many perks to living on the other side of the clock however. ever gotten stuck in traffic? when i'm living on the reverse, there literally is NO traffic. it's nice and quiet. i get so much done just because everyone is sleeping. (and yes i know, i'm lonely. fixing this would remove that peace, but i like living with people i never see, i just want friends i can go to.) so long as it is quiet, i can do whatever i want. darkness is a nice shroud...

now don't get me wrong. there are a lot more inconveniences to living at night than during the day; basically because of "store hours", but i've never been much of a shopper or event goer. i can watch movies from home now, shop online, get anything i need to get brought to me while i sleep during the day.

in any case, i've ranted enough. reply with your thoughts if you want, i'd appreciate another point of view.
(playing the opposition can be fun if you do it to develop an understanding or expand knowledge...)
</rant>
-Special Needs
Spe-edS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 4am is Lonely

Post by sandsphinx on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:18 am
([msg=30342]see Re: 4am is Lonely[/msg])

Well i'm going to take a guess that you are from America thus leaving me unable to stay up late and post on the forums with you. However, if you are from the UK then i guess you missed me as i was up all last night and this morning on Hackthissite. Shoulda been there! haha, i agree with the way you are living, i mean the night is far more beautiful than the day, the internet has allowed humans to turn nocturnal through as you said Shopping online, and downloading movies online, and so on... I mean, on the social side of it, i don't think you are going to meet any friends soon, but everyone should try this. Oooh what would be a good idea is to have a day and post it on News that all the Moderators stay up from the UK and so do all the members and come online at like 1a.m and then finish whenever after that. And the same another day for American mods and members... That would be so awesome. Any thoughts?
sandsphinx
Poster
Poster

Post by Defience on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 pm
([msg=30352]see Re: 4am is Lonely[/msg])

That's whats nice about irc, people on from all over the world at all hours of the day/night. I'm usually sound asleep at 4 am though (USA).
Defience
Addict
Addict

Post by Spe-edS on Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm
([msg=30371]see Re: 4am is Lonely[/msg])

i live in canada. but your morning is my night is it not? next time your up all morning hit me up!
-Special Needs
Spe-edS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by godofcereal on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:01 am
([msg=30374]see Re: 4am is Lonely[/msg])

Im hoping that you know that canada and america have the same timezones and that you were refering to sandsphinx. You can only be 5-8 hours behind us so your day isnt our night depending on where abouts in canada you live.
Im off, last year of school and all, I had something longer but char limit fucked that up. So yeah, had a good run here. Thanks for the memories. Thanks to the staff and users.

Best regards, your posting whore,
godofcereal

p.s. Defience, you the man ;)
godofcereal
Addict
Addict

Post by Spe-edS on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 am
([msg=30376]see Re: 4am is Lonely[/msg])

i do know that the timezones are the same; didn't really care to see the actual difference from here to the uk. and i mainly said it to disassociate myself from the states... EW!
-Special Needs
Spe-edS
Experienced User
Experienced User

Return to Off-Topic