No Computer Learning For Me.....

Random things go here

No Computer Learning For Me.....

Post by Levels on Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:08 am
([msg=1694]see No Computer Learning For Me.....[/msg])

Unfortunatly i cannot study and learn Visual Basic or C++ as i wanted to, this is because i smashed up the laptop i was borrowing. Clever me heh.

Now im stuck on the YMCA computers which can only be used to browse some internet sites. Cannot download to the system and cannot install to the system.... well unless any of you guys know a way round this...

So im going to stay online and stay active, giving my 2 cents where i can but as for learning programming i dont think its going to happen for a while :(:(:(
Levels
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: No Computer Learning For Me.....

Post by TheMindRapist on Thu May 01, 2008 12:11 pm
([msg=1850]see Re: No Computer Learning For Me.....[/msg])

Well smashing a laptop was stupid lol.
As for the restrictions on the computers, what happens when you try to install things?
And you can use a proxy if you need to get around a block.
TheMindRapist
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cthulhu666 on Sun May 11, 2008 1:59 pm
([msg=2264]see Re: No Computer Learning For Me.....[/msg])

There are plenty of programming books, if you have the money i would buy one.
cthulhu666
New User
New User

Post by Levels on Tue May 13, 2008 8:51 am
([msg=2351]see Re: No Computer Learning For Me.....[/msg])

yeah proxy works fine getting arround websites on these computers. I cant install anything to them though the whole systems is really locked up tight... the only thing i can think of now is to get a EBCD on another computer then use it to remove the administator password (theres a vid on youtube showing something like that?).

As for books - W.H.Smith give me a 100% off discount ;) - And i have money for Waterstones and Amazon but i cant write programs and such in notepad because this computer does have it accessable and i cant save to any non-external device.

I own 2 books : SAMs Teach Yourself Visual Basic in 24 Hours and C++ For Dummies the All In One Refence
Levels
New User
New User

Post by blackprince491 on Thu May 22, 2008 5:04 pm
([msg=3050]see Re: No Computer Learning For Me.....[/msg])

for proxies use ultrasurf (its designed for government internet blocks so you knwo its good ;) ) or what i find gets round the blocks is a copy of firefox portable on a flashdrive, CD, hell even on a floppy disc if you got one and they use them (and they might you never know with the YMCA) if you need any other help round blocks i can help you. iv had to get around a lot of them in high school so iv gotten used to it
“If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always."
blackprince491
Poster
Poster

Return to Off-Topic