I was hacked!

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

I was hacked!

Post by ediXH on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:16 am
([msg=9359]see I was hacked![/msg])

I was hacked while I was playing Street Hacker :?
I got Symantec Norton Antivirus(It was like rain water) and a router with firewall.
For the future, what can I do to make their job harder ?
What antivirus do you recommend me ?
Best Regards,
edi. :arrow:
ediXH
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by beagle on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:02 pm
([msg=9375]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

Try Webroot spy Sweeper.
011000100110010101100001011001110110110001100101
beagle
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Chico, CA
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 am
([msg=9522]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

beagle wrote:Try Webroot spy Sweeper.

He asked for an AV.

And I would be very very suprised if you were attacked. What makes you say that you were attacked?
I would recommend a combination of Avast! AV, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Spyblaster. Keep your system updated, disable unneeded services and don't use default passwords and you'll be fine.
Image
User avatar
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: North West UK
Blog: View Blog (1)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by fly3rbug on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:57 am
([msg=9527]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

The only way to be safe is not to use a computer.

But if you must, try avoiding Microsoft products. Because when u buy Microsoft u get the viruses, worms, trojans, and other security threats thrown in for free.
fly3rbug
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


A computer Virus with Artificial Intelligence

Post by leonidas_heaven on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:28 am
([msg=9534]see A computer Virus with Artificial Intelligence[/msg])

yes i know this topic is interesting..Most of u may be knowing the meaning of Artificial intelligence..for those who don't know can search Google.Now HTS also provides Google have a look over it at http://www.hackthissite.org/search
Mostly artificial intelligence is related with robots but after few years we are going to deal with AI viruses who can self modify themselves.
Explaining a self modifying virus-- suppose u are having 4 drives on your hard disk C,D,E,F and this virus is present on all drive s u updated your anti virus and scanned C drives,your anti virus detects it and deletes the virus.But the part of this virus on the other drives D,E,F remains undetected when scanned by that anti virus on the same day after scanning C drive..

This happened because other parts of virus modify them self and remain undetected..

so any member of HTS good in programming and interested in making virus can post comment to me.or just can reply to this post.u can also PM me.
Yes its possible in next few months or in a year ..i have started making a prototype and need some help...
These type of viruses are going to be the nightmares off computer.So enthusiastic can have a talk with me .. :mrgreen:
Challenges are not meant to be taken easily,rather they are meant to be taken Seriously
leonidas_heaven
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:20 am
Location: Uttarakhand,India
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:10 am
([msg=9567]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

fly3rbug wrote:The only way to be safe is not to use a computer.

But if you apply that mentality to everything, you'd have a thoroughly shit life.
fly3rbug wrote:But if you must, try avoiding Microsoft products. Because when u buy Microsoft u get the viruses, worms, trojans, and other security threats thrown in for free.

Ughh.. I'll stop rolling my eyes when you tell us why Microsoft products are a bad solution. Ok?
Image
User avatar
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: North West UK
Blog: View Blog (1)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by fly3rbug on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:01 pm
([msg=9597]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

thedotmaster wrote:
fly3rbug wrote:But if you must, try avoiding Microsoft products. Because when u buy Microsoft u get the viruses, worms, trojans, and other security threats thrown in for free.

Ughh.. I'll stop rolling my eyes when you tell us why Microsoft products are a bad solution. Ok?

Because when u buy Microsoft u get the viruses, worms, trojans, and other security threats thrown in for free. Didn't i just say that?

Microsoft has some good applications, i confess i just love some of there games. But when u look at windows there is no question about it that Mac and linux are just more safe. With mac and linux there are (almost) no virusses. So u can stop rolling your eyes because this is quite true. And if you do not believe me then i suggest you try linux for FREE!

Interesting link --> http://www.silvermac.com/2008/why-there ... s-for-osx/
fly3rbug
New User
New User
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:56 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by wazzzupp on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:05 pm
([msg=9687]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

try malware bytes, its great
wazzzupp
New User
New User
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by beagle on Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:52 pm
([msg=9700]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

wazzzupp wrote:try malware bytes, its great

I use Malware Bytes. It rocks.
011000100110010101100001011001110110110001100101
beagle
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Chico, CA
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: I was hacked!

Post by ediXH on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:52 am
([msg=9752]see Re: I was hacked![/msg])

or, i got now deep freeze.
ediXH
New User
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Next

Return to Malware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests