Command Prompt

The ubiquitous operating system, discussion of its (many) flaws, and how to mitigate the risks of those flaws

Re: Command Prompt

Post by ---1steve1--- on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:40 am
([msg=11255]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

net localgoup administrators user (your username) /add

when i put this in command prompt i just get the help message showing me all the parameters, am i doing something wrong?
---1steve1---
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by leonidas_heaven on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:12 am
([msg=11321]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

Yes there are mistakes in your syntax :

:?: Its localgroup not localgoup

:?: It should be something like this..

net localgoup administrators (your username) /add
Challenges are not meant to be taken easily,rather they are meant to be taken Seriously
leonidas_heaven
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by nosidius on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:39 pm
([msg=11346]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

the funny thing about CMD as to other (i'm using as reference, i'm not comp tard) programming areas, is that spaces DO make a difference..........
give me knowledge or give me death
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by thedotmaster on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:33 pm
([msg=11364]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

nosidius wrote:the funny thing about CMD as to other (i'm using as reference, i'm not comp tard) programming areas, is that spaces DO make a difference..........

In practically any programming/coding language spaces matter. The ones where it doesn't matter aren't worthy of being used.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (1)

Post by nosidius on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:16 pm
([msg=11373]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

not necessarily true......... and some don't have spaces at all, any program constructed in assembly code is A: incredibly powerful/efficient B: universal to all computers C: an incredible pain in the @$$
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by The Gunslinger on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:43 pm
([msg=11406]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

I'm sure someone has already posted this, and I haven't had the opportunity to do it yet, but on a school computer, there is a way to bypass the online firewalls for some sites like Youtube. Find the address of the site you want, copy it, go to notepad, type in

@echo off
command.com
pause

(I don't know if that will stop it from showing the "Your admin. has disabled this program" or something like that.) Save it as .bat, and once you save it, double click it. It should work. Type in "ping (the address you copied)". You should get a list of IP addresses. Just go to your browser and type the numbers in.

Like I said, I'm sure someone's already posted this, but there you go.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
The Gunslinger
New User
New User

Post by thedotmaster on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:59 pm
([msg=11418]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

nosidius wrote:not necessarily true......... and some don't have spaces at all, any program constructed in assembly code is A: incredibly powerful/efficient B: universal to all computers C: an incredible pain in the @$$

No, assembly language is not universal to all computers. It is independant of OS, but there are huge differences between computers. It all depends on the chipset. Also, assembly language programs are not necessarily efficient. An expert C++ coder can write more efficient code than an inexperienced Assembly writer. They are also not necessarily efficient - it depends what you mean. If you want to do a small task like display some text onto the screen then there is no point using Assembly - that is inefficient. However, you will need it to write certain types of software.
Assembly also doesn't have to be a pain in the ass. It can be written pretty much just as quickly by an experienced writer for the right applications.
It is only a pain in the ass if you aren't experienced enough, but that's the same with any coding language.
Now, back to my original point, I do not doubt that in certain languages spaces do not make a difference. However, in the ones that you ought to be using, they do matter.
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nosidius on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:26 pm
([msg=11446]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

he brings up something i've wanted to know........ how do you connect using an i.p. address?
i know that telnet has some stuff.........
nosidius
Poster
Poster

Post by thedotmaster on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:59 pm
([msg=11519]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

nosidius wrote:He brings up something I've wanted to know. How do you connect using an IP address?
I know that telnet has some stuff.

You can use telnet to connect to a port insecurely. Let's say there is a server running on port 80, then we can connect using this:
Code: Select all
telnet 132.33.245.23 80
thedotmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nosidius on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:38 am
([msg=11589]see Re: Command Prompt[/msg])

whose comp is that? yours? and if you want a good firewall taht acts as a port scanner as well, go for comodo firewall, i found several little ports opened up by programs i didn't know used them (and found the special permissions ports!)
nosidius
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Microsoft Windows