Coding vs Programming – What’s the Difference?

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

Coding vs Programming – What’s the Difference?

Post by edwardbailey on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:41 am
([msg=99083]see Coding vs Programming – What’s the Difference?[/msg])

With the recent rise in computer science classes across all grades, we’re starting to grow our personal vocabularies in ways that make the average person uncomfortable.

To complicate matters, many of these “new” words seem to have such intimidating histories that we don’t take the time to properly understand their usage — instead, we repeat them blindly, whether we know what they really mean or not.

One such example of complex wordsmithing is the synonymous use of the terms “coding” and “programming”.

Coding vs programming is a debate that has become relevant in the software development community fairly recently. Read this article to find out why they are different and why it is important to know the distinction.
edwardbailey
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Coding vs Programming – What’s the Difference?

Post by amyacker on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:00 am
([msg=99128]see Re: Coding vs Programming – What’s the Difference?[/msg])

I think Coding is basically the process of writing codes from one language to another whilst Programming is the process of creating and developing an executable machine program which performs a set of instructions.
amyacker
New User
New User

Re: Coding vs Programming – What’s the Difference?

Post by looserjava on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:58 am
([msg=99435]see Re: Coding vs Programming – What’s the Difference?[/msg])

First of all, I must admit that I am a novice, so what I said is probably wrong, but judging from the translation of these two words in our national language, programming is based on computers and high-level programming languages, while coding is based on processors and digital circuits
looserjava
New User
New User

Return to Programming