Basic Mission 11

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 11

Post by FearTheSock on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 pm
([msg=96385]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I spent nearly two days on getting the right path for the h*****s, and it was something so stupid after the hints on page 1! After that, it was all smooth and fun, just a matter of paying attention to what you're doing and understand what an Apache Web Server is.

If you're stucked and need some help, just follow my advice and don't go anywhere past the first page on this thread. It's full of very useful suggestions and hints, and you probalby won't find anything better past that point.
FearTheSock
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by HongFeng_8 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:33 am
([msg=96432]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

May I jump on this complain-train here... I read through the entire thread... all 26 or so pages. It seems that nearly 95% of you all got the login page in no time and I feel REALLY stupid and braindead right now.

I found the password within 2 hours and then got stuck... I even slept a night on it, because apparently it is not that hard to find the login page. But... sitting here yet another 2 hours, having one epiphany after another which turn out to be nothing of that kind, I am very close to banging my head against the wall.

Is anyone still here how can give me another hint as on how to find this login page?
HongFeng_8
New User
New User

Post by HongFeng_8 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:17 am
([msg=96433]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

Okaaaay.... I got it. And all this time, I thought I was already on that page.. :roll:
"I never met a chocolate I didn't like." - Deanna Troi
HongFeng_8
New User
New User

Re: Basic Mission 11 - Still here...

Post by Emanuel1130 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:26 am
([msg=96572]see Re: Basic Mission 11 - Still here...[/msg])

Hi Guys. This is my first post.

I'm pretty frustrated. I read all the 25 pages of discussions about this mission.

I navigated through the "strange" structure of folder untill the end.

I found a file which shows me a form where to input a password.

Many of you talk about to find the .h*s file, but i can't really find it. I searched so much.

Any hint? Even if something to learn about on the web. I'm preatty lost.

Thank You!
Emanuel1130
New User
New User

Post by SirNapsAlot on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 pm
([msg=96583]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I'm fairly certain that either this challenge is broken, or something has changed since it was initially valid.
And please...Before anyone feels like responding with "worked fine for me"...save it. That is unhelpful, irrelevant and very troll-like.
I am aware of the directory structure and I am aware of the hidden file that I must access through that structure (as well as how Apache works and how that file works).
I am also not a noob by any means, just new to this site.
Navigating to the URL that SHOULD let me see the "access file" returns "Page not found on this server" and shows the expected path in that error verifying that, although it doesn't work, I have hit the intended URL where the answer SHOULD be.
I even "cheated" and found SEVERAL (8 or 10) sites that spoil the answer and pasted THEIR URL in my browsers...all give the same failed response. However, once I skip the step of looking in that access file and move straight to "DaFile", that part works just fine.
I'm guessing someone did a little "update" and forgot to turn off the default block for that special file?
At any rate...the official answer does not actually work at the step of accessing that special file (at least, at the time of this posting).
If you are stuck at this step and you are certain that you have everything correct...don't beat your head against the wall. It's simply not working right now.
I have no doubt that someone will see this and fix the issue as soon as they can. After that, we should be fine to move forward again. If you are a completion-ist, like me, just move on to the next set of challenges and come back later to do this one.
Happy Hunting!

EDIT!!!
I should add that I get a 403 error specifically when I inspect the header coming back from that request.
:)
SirNapsAlot
New User
New User

Post by Emanuel1130 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:32 am
([msg=96586]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

SirNapsAlot wrote:I'm fairly certain that either this challenge is broken, or something has changed since it was initially valid.
And please...Before anyone feels like responding with "worked fine for me"...save it. That is unhelpful, irrelevant and very troll-like.
I am aware of the directory structure and I am aware of the hidden file that I must access through that structure (as well as how Apache works and how that file works).
Navigating to the URL that SHOULD let me see the "access file" returns "Page not found on this server" and shows the expected path in that error verifying that, although it doesn't work, I have hit the intended URL where the answer SHOULD be.
I even "cheated" and found SEVERAL (8 or 10) sites that spoil the answer and pasted THEIR URL in my browsers...all give the same failed response. However, once I skip the step of looking in that access file and move straight to "DaFile", that part works just fine.
I'm guessing someone did a little "update" and forgot to turn off the default block for that special file?
At any rate...the official answer does not actually work at the step of accessing that special file (at least, at the time of this posting).
If you are stuck at this step and you are certain that you have everything correct...don't beat your head against the wall. It's simply not working right now.
I have no doubt that someone will see this and fix the issue as soon as they can. After that, we should be fine to move forward again. If you are a completion-ist, like me, just move on to the next set of challenges and come back later to do this one.
Happy Hunting!

EDIT!!!
I should add that I get a 403 error specifically when I inspect the header coming back from that request.
:)

Hi SirNapsAlot, may I write you by PM?
I don't know if what you describe it's my case, but after what I read about the other's experiences it may be.

Would you help me to understand if it is so?

Thank you!
Emanuel1130
New User
New User

Post by neonblurb on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:53 pm
([msg=96606]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

SirNapsAlot wrote:I am aware of the directory structure and I am aware of the hidden file that I must access through that structure (as well as how Apache works and how that file works).

I agree, based on what I've read elsewhere after finally starting to get the feeling that maybe it's actually just not working... yeah. Nothing comes up when I try to see that .h******s file - hope this gets fixed soon.
neonblurb
New User
New User

Post by pachink0 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:39 pm
([msg=96758]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

I confirm that this challenge is broken. Maybe someone managed to solve Realistic 17 and decided to troll around here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
pachink0
New User
New User

Post by ReroPhoenix on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:56 pm
([msg=96824]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

nothing shows up when i try to see the .h******* file
ReroPhoenix
New User
New User

Post by kf1234 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:48 pm
([msg=96847]see Re: Basic Mission 11[/msg])

ReroPhoenix wrote:nothing shows up when i try to see the .h******* file

Maybe we are all missing something...

I found the login page and follow the dirs, but I can't find the .h******* file.

Does anyone want to PM me?
kf1234
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic