Basic Mission 8

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 8

Post by Naretar on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:41 am
([msg=81624]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Alright, I've been working on this for the last two days, and I can't seem to get it. I've got a couple of sites that I'm using to get the info I need on SSI:

http://www.w3u.net/w3u/faqs/ssi/
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Server- ... ludes_(SSI)_Injection

I checked all the echo commands in that first link, but all of them take me to the page that says "you're on the right track". There aren't many commands to choose from, so I don't see what could be missing. Can someone please clue me in through either this thread or PM? Thanks a ton!
Naretar
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by JamesB01 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:02 pm
([msg=81625]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Why are you using an echo command? I'm not saying you should or shouldn't, what I am saying is that you should be able to say "Echo is the directive I should use here because..." and then, yanno, fill in the blanks. Check a list of "most common SSI directives" with explanations of what they do - I found one easily on Google - and make sure that the one you're using is the one that does what you're trying to achieve.

My apologies if this is spoilerish. I hope not, obviously.
JamesB01
New User
New User

Post by shadow0walker on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:18 pm
([msg=81628]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

So I have come to a point where it accepted my command and gave me a list of files but what next? I have no idea , please help me.. just a hint :D
shadow0walker
New User
New User

Post by 88x88 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:40 pm
([msg=81632]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I'm about to have a mental stroke. The damn form doesn't accept any arguments to change what directory it is executing my command in it! I read all of this thread and still nothing! And the most annoying part is that I think I get the whole idea just not the exact one this mission is requiring. And add to that ( I really had too check how to spell "that"! I need a break.) the fact that it is a basic mission and every body keeps saying that it is simple. I must be overthinking it but I can't pass any argument to my command.
88x88
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:17 pm
([msg=81638]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

88x88 wrote:I'm about to have a mental stroke. The damn form doesn't accept any arguments to change what directory it is executing my command in it! I read all of this thread and still nothing! And the most annoying part is that I think I get the whole idea just not the exact one this mission is requiring.

Take a deep breath and relax. Now, if you know the idea you might also know how to change some settings without changing commands. You can't actually run different commands like you can on a terminal, so choose the one you're using wisely.

shadow0walker wrote:So I have come to a point where it accepted my command and gave me a list of files but what next? I have no idea , please help me.. just a hint :D

WHY!? Tell me WHY?! No, seriously, why do you want to list the files, what do you hope to achieve with them? If you can answer that and as you did all missions before this one, you should know how to solve it. Always keep sight of the goal you're trying to achieve.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by jon3782 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:13 pm
([msg=81648]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Can anyone help, already got the string of .shtml files displayed, I just don't know what to do with them. Can anyone help through PM?
jon3782
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:57 pm
([msg=81656]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

You can PM me. You will need to make one more post however. The forum message system doesn't open to users until 2 posts are made.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis
Addict
Addict

Post by shadow0walker on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:30 am
([msg=81659]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:WHY!? Tell me WHY?! No, seriously, why do you want to list the files, what do you hope to achieve with them? If you can answer that and as you did all missions before this one, you should know how to solve it. Always keep sight of the goal you're trying to achieve.

What I want to achieve is a way to up a directory and then list the files. Is that correct?
shadow0walker
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:42 am
([msg=81666]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

shadow0walker wrote:What I want to achieve is a way to up a directory and then list the files. Is that correct?

OK, maybe this helps: think about how you would list files in a specific directory. If you still don't get it, there's a manual page for all commands.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by fucharley123 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:39 pm
([msg=81683]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

I figured out how to get the list, but damned if I can figure out what to do next to view them. Could I PM someone please.

UPDATE disregard, figured out
fucharley123
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic