Basic Mission 6

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 6

Post by LayZee on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:26 am
([msg=96038]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

So I completed this mission by just playing around with the encryption form, just putting letters and numbers in, and I finally got somewhat of a pattern and ended up completing it in about an hour.
My problem is I know this wasn't the correct way to do it, but looking at the ASCII table I wasn't even sure how to correlate the two. If anyone could inbox me about this, or how I could have gone about it differently it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I did google about ASCII and know what it is, I just didn't know how to implement the table here.

Thanks in advance !
LayZee
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cessmation on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:08 pm
([msg=96053]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:Try encrypting 'aaaaaa' or '!!!!!!'. Then, look up what ASCII is and find an ASCII table.

This helped me out the most.
cessmation
New User
New User

Post by Sh0ka on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:14 pm
([msg=96128]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

I took 45 minutes to pass this level! :shock:
Sh0ka
New User
New User

Post by WetLettuce on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:46 pm
([msg=96485]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

I have figured out the exact code and it won't accept my answer. Any ideas?
WetLettuce
New User
New User

Post by SF12 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:45 am
([msg=96706]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

If You Are Still Having Problems Follow These Hints
sm0k3yh4sh wrote:Lots of trial and error. Math is the key.
Mission accomplished
Plus Become Friends With ASCII & WATCH This https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O9dLEUW74XA
SF12
New User
New User

Post by chingweak13 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:44 pm
([msg=97273]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Love it
chingweak13
New User
New User

Post by nononame on Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:23 am
([msg=97284]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Done by hand :?
nononame
New User
New User

Post by CptLoveNipple on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:49 pm
([msg=97679]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

So I've just got to share my experience with this level. I'm slowly teaching myself about hacking, and I mean very slowly. Unfortunately I've never had the ability to get any formal training or schooling for this line of work, which means I'm missing a lot of very fundamental knowledge in this realm. As I started working on this challenge I had no clue where to begin, so I went to this forum post. And the more I read in the forums, and the more I tinkered, the more frustrated I got. Especially seeing posts saying that all the information you need has already been posted, those really made me angry. The ASCII thing made matters so much worse as well. It confused me, I've never learned about ASCII, nor even knew there was a table for it, so I was completely lost. The more I looked at the table, the worse I got.

Well, I then did the one thing I said I wouldn't do on this site.... I went to YouTube for the answer. BUT, here is the amazing part. I figured it out, before even getting to the solution in the video. In fact, once I solved it I closed the video, and have no clue the method he was going to explain. So, you might be wondering, how did that video help me solve this challenge without actually giving me any solutions or methods? The answer is quite simple, you're looking at the data like your playing a video game, instead of watching a video game. For those of you who know what I'm talking about, this was a huge eye opener. For those that don't know what I mean, when you play a video game you can miss very obvious items or characters or whatever, but when you watch someone else play the game, you see all of those things you would have missed while playing. This is what happened to me.

I knew I needed to find a pattern, but for whatever reason, when I was trying it myself I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Then, all I needed to see him do on the video was type in 1234 and hit encrypt. Even though I had done the same exact thing myself, seeing him do it made me instantly see the pattern. Sure enough, I used the pattern I suspected and got the solution on the first try.

So, the reason for my overly long post, is simply to say that if you can't find the pattern, you are absolutely just trying too hard. Don't do what i did and be a dirty little cheater, but step away from this and completely forget it, then come back after a bit and encrypt some strings. As soon as you do, I think you'll see the pattern.

I legit was about to quit this site over this very simple challenge, but now that I realize my mistake, I'm even more excited to get stumped by future challenges. Thanks guys, this was an eye bleeding blast!!
CptLoveNipple
New User
New User

Post by Scylla47 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:14 pm
([msg=97852]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

This game should be called the evolution of Sam
Scylla47
New User
New User

Post by Queeniac on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:31 am
([msg=97986]see Re: Basic Mission 6[/msg])

Alright, so I'm a totally newbie at this kind of code. I've run through like ten different suggestions for solutions and figured out what I thought was the right code (when put through the encryption again it makes the given encrypted password). For whatever reason, though, the password I have doesn't work. Not 100% sure what I'm doing wrong. Any hints? Am I missing something obvious?

Edit: never mind i'm dumb i figured it out carry on
Queeniac
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Basic