Basic Mission 8

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 8

Post by nononame on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 pm
([msg=97285]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Wow, took me some time to find out the answer.
I found pretty quickly the mechanic, but I wasn't using the command in the right way.
nononame
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by NV18 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm
([msg=97306]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Keep getting this message and I dont know how to manipulate my command

If you are trying to use server side includes to solve the challenge, you are on the right track: but I have limited the commands allowed to ones relevant towards finding the password file for security reasons(because there will always be that one person who decides to execute some rather nasty commands). So please manipulate your code so that it is a little more pertaining to the level.
NV18
New User
New User

Post by e911_dk on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:55 pm
([msg=97467]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

Very Cool!

Haven't heard of SSI before, but learned everything I needed to know (for now) through that link that was shared previously (https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/ssi.html)

Once SSI was understood (I'm sure I'm on a most basic level still lol), you just need to take your time and refresh some basic Unix commands. understanding *orthogonality* in Unix commands is important here .. (at least that is what made it click for me!)

Good luck yall and thanks for the lunchtime fun :D
e911_dk
New User
New User

Post by slappy82 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:51 am
([msg=97562]see Re: Basic Mission 8[/msg])

This was doing my head in for an hour (very nooby here). I had no problem identifying the ssi command (and UNIX command) needed to get list of files but everything I tried got the 'incorrect, but close command' page. I went through a lot of the comments understanding what I needed just not exactly how to approach - the comment which made it click for me was

"3) Understand ls can accept relative pathnames. Understand relative pathnames (esp ..)"

And opening the file in browser was the same as we have already done before this point, no issue - I hope this clarifies this somewhat for everyone who, like I was, is very close but not quite there.
slappy82
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Basic