Hacknet

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Hacknet

Post by out13r34k on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 am
([msg=89468]see Hacknet[/msg])

New game by surprise attack the same people who made screen cheat. Looks good but I haven't played it yet. It's not real hacking obviously, but it says it's based on real skills and unix commands. Anybody tried it or have any thoughts?
"Did he just call my girlfriend a cow?" - Leonard Church
"No dude, I think he called her a slut." - Lavernius Tucker

HEXMD564
5“è<aÀŸ¡Ž„%ÀmQ›\
œ`g‡‡mëü\s c¤×W

out13r34k
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hacknet

Post by x509 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:42 am
([msg=89471]see Re: Hacknet[/msg])

I seen a small post regarding this without much context in the past: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12567#p89048

Needless to say, I have yet to play the game, and I'll be curious to find out what it's like.
x509
New User
New User

Post by The8404 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:29 am
([msg=89628]see Re: Hacknet[/msg])

It's SUPER FUN! I enjoyed it a lot and its the reason I ended up here. Actually, I have a neat story to share.

So I beat the game and had a good 'ol time, got interested in real hacking, security, etc. and ended up here. So I took the basic courses and had NO IDEA what to do. After using YouTube to basically cheat my way through to realistic 4 where I'm at now, I still hadn't learned anything really about how things work, why people use certain methods, and when to do or try certain things. The basic missions DID teach me some HTML though and after exploring the dev console, got a jist of it for myself, I had a BASIC understanding of what it was. (I would love help learning more and more but I fell like most people here and other places will say just go figure it out yourself. It's really hard starting from scratch not knowing anything but I'm trying my best.) So then I applied what I learned.

In the game folder on steam, the saves are XML so I opened it, opened the dev console, and from here I was able to change my save data. I changed the emails, whether I needed passwords or not, my name, my IP, certain IP locations, etc. I then sent MY save file to my friends, had them open it, and then begin to hack my game and see if they could find all the things I changed. It's pretty fun and we had a blast lol.

Thought I'd share that this site has actually helped me learn something. I hope I can keep learning more. There's so much information out there and it's pretty intimidating to keep going alone, but this instance helped re-motivate me hahahaha

-- Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:33 am --

Hacknet It's SUPER FUN! I enjoyed it a lot and its the reason I ended up here. Actually, I have a neat story to share.

So I beat the game and had a good 'ol time, got interested in real hacking, security, etc. and ended up here. So I took the basic courses and had NO IDEA what to do. After using YouTube to basically cheat my way through to realistic 4 where I'm at now, I still hadn't learned anything really about how things work, why people use certain methods, and when to do or try certain things. The basic missions DID teach me some HTML though and after exploring the dev console and got a jist of it for myself, I had a BASIC understanding of what it was. (I would love help learning more and more but I feel like most people here and other places will say just go figure it out yourself. It's really hard starting from scratch not knowing anything but I'm trying my best.) So then I applied what I learned.

In the game folder on steam, the saves are XML so I opened it, opened the dev console, and from here I was able to change my save data. I changed the emails, whether I needed passwords or not, how hard the passwords were and .txt files in related computers to get those passwords, my name, my IP, certain IP locations, etc. I then sent MY save file to my friends, had them open it, and then begin to play my game and see if they could find all the things I changed. It's pretty fun and we had a blast lol.

Thought I'd share that this site has actually helped me learn something. I hope I can keep learning more. There's so much information out there and it's pretty intimidating to keep going alone, but this instance helped re-motivate me hahahaha

Gotta check out this Mr. Robot though. sounds pretty cool!
The8404
New User
New User

Post by CaptainSirsir on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:42 am
([msg=89649]see Re: Hacknet[/msg])

Mmm, was going to check it out, then saw the bot reply.
CaptainSirsir
New User
New User

Post by The8404 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:40 pm
([msg=89702]see Re: Hacknet[/msg])

I mean it wasn't a bot... just an accident
The8404
New User
New User