Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?

Post by Michee on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:59 am
([msg=86666]see Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

I want to learn how to hack server browser games, but I'm finding it hard to do. I know it isn't impossible since a lot of people do.I also know it's not illegal based on the hack.So can anyone of you please give me advice on how to hack a game?
Michee
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:38 am
([msg=86671]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

I recall reading something on DEF CON about this. Look through Youtube, something about hacking MMOs for fun and profit? Ah, too lazy to look it up :) But yeah, it's possible.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Michee on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:51 pm
([msg=86672]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

I heard of that video but when he said how the way he doing is illegal and the video is like 1 hour. I don't want to modify the server. I just want to do something like multiply items
Michee
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:18 pm
([msg=86673]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

Well, at the very least using modified clients/data is probably against their TOS. Multiplying items at the core is making the system believe you no longer have the items you did have, so it gives them back to you or faking that you have items you didn't have. Another way would be to fake trading or giving away items to yourself or something similar. Sometimes you have to cancel a request while it's being done so you receive something before you have to give something.

Some systems have a different temporary storage location used for items in trade or in use (e.g. on a character). If you can somehow make it believe the storage location either doesn't contain the items any more while it still does, if you can fake moving items from the temporary storage location without the originals being lost or if the temporary storage suddenly contains other/better/more items, you duplicated them. As an old example, look how missingno worked.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by WallShadow on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 pm
([msg=86679]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

As i always say; DO SOME RESEARCH; read some code, read some network coms, read some specs, read all the things! Then come back and clarify what it is you want to do, as it seems that you are being lazy right now and asking us to do the work for you. Also, your question is horribly vague and confusing.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michee on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:13 am
([msg=86680]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:As i always say; DO SOME RESEARCH; read some code, read some network coms, read some specs, read all the things! Then come back and clarify what it is you want to do, as it seems that you are being lazy right now and asking us to do the work for you. Also, your question is horribly vague and confusing.

That's what I've been doing. I know you won't do the dirty work for free. I tried to research, but all I get is hack tools that are survey protected. My question was where should I start looking at. I can't research how to dupe items if I don't know where to start first.

-- Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:26 am --

cyberdrain wrote:Well, at the very least using modified clients/data is probably against their TOS. Multiplying items at the core is making the system believe you no longer have the items you did have, so it gives them back to you or faking that you have items you didn't have. Another way would be to fake trading or giving away items to yourself or something similar. Sometimes you have to cancel a request while it's being done so you receive something before you have to give something.

Some systems have a different temporary storage location used for items in trade or in use (e.g. on a character). If you can somehow make it believe the storage location either doesn't contain the items any more while it still does, if you can fake moving items from the temporary storage location without the originals being lost or if the temporary storage suddenly contains other/better/more items, you duplicated them. As an old example, look how missingno worked.

Thank you so much I'll try that and see if it works
Michee
New User
New User

Post by ghost107 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:47 pm
([msg=86681]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

You know if you're cought they will suspend your account, or even block your IP, usually most of this is exploiting a bug in the server, for example crashing the server on certain conditions(this depends on how the server saves the data).

I've didn't done it myseff, but I'ved fixed bufferoverflow problems on a server that used to dupe items. Stuff like buffer overflow can be traceble.
ghost107
Poster
Poster

Post by Michee on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:19 pm
([msg=86682]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

ghost107 wrote:You know if you're cought they will suspend your account, or even block your IP, usually most of this is exploiting a bug in the server, for example crashing the server on certain conditions(this depends on how the server saves the data).

I've didn't done it myseff, but I'ved fixed bufferoverflow problems on a server that used to dupe items. Stuff like buffer overflow can be traceble.

they are a couple of cheaters and hackers in the game I play and they did nothing for years to them
Michee
New User
New User

Post by ghost107 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:51 pm
([msg=86683]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

There is a first time for everything, think of it, the people who want fair play, will report those who are exploiting the game for their own benefit, the management will check the logs of those people, and they will be banned.

Especially if the number of reports increase, the bigger the chances.
ghost107
Poster
Poster

Post by Michee on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:02 pm
([msg=86684]see Re: Is it possible to hack a game by hacking the website?[/msg])

ghost107 wrote:There is a first time for everything, think of it, the people who want fair play, will report those who are exploiting the game for their own benefit, the management will check the logs of those people, and they will be banned.

Especially if the number of reports increase, the bigger the chances.

All they do is warn. Almost everyone either hack or use alts. I'm worried about breaking a law not getting banned
Michee
New User
New User

Next

Return to Gaming