I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!!

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!!

Post by ghostheadx2 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:52 pm
([msg=86245]see I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

I might be getting the One for my b-day. I'm planning on renting some games to try. I got bored of AC3 so I don't think I'm too big of a fan of AC, but feel free to try and prove me wrong. I like sci-fi and realistic shooters. I like CODBO1&2, Wolfenstein: the New Order, Mirror's Edge(my friend has that game), maybe BioShock, Red Dead Redemption, etc. not so much GTA because GTA gets boring since there isn't enough to do. I saw from GTAV.

I'd like to try AC type games, and I might want to try Watch Dogs, etc. I just got bored of it bc I got stuck on the same mission and never looked at tuts. But I'll die if I see AC3 one more time, which is the one I got tired of.

But those are older games. Any new games one might recommend renting? I want something in the RPG, FF category. What do you recommend?
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!!

Post by parakkafaith on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:20 am
([msg=86248]see Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

AC3 is commonly regarded as the worst of the franchise, but I don't think it's too bad. It is painfully easy though, which can definitely make it boring. Watch Dogs isn't very much like the AC games at all, unless you're talking about third person story driven action/adventures. Mechanically, it's a very different game. You may find that there's as little to do in Watch Dogs as there is in GTA.

Try Destiny if you can. Not that I think it's a particularly amazing game, and it's not much of an RPG at all, but it sounds like something you might enjoy based on what you've told me. As a personal recommendation, I stand behind the BioShock series as a fantastic trilogy. Mirror's Edge is pretty neat as well, and due for a sequel.

Let me know what you end up playing!
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
- Probably not Arthur C. Clarke
parakkafaith
Poster
Poster

Post by QtDevl on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:36 am
([msg=86252]see Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

The only thing I could tell you to try is Destiny I think.
Also on a side note, when not playing on the xbone, DO USE the gamepad on your pc ( you can use any microusb cable I think )
they're pretty darn good controllers to play with ( I use both the 360 and the xbone one ).
If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom...
QtDevl
New User
New User

Post by Randoph on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:40 am
([msg=86256]see Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

parakkafaith wrote:AC3 is commonly regarded as the worst of the franchise, but I don't think it's too bad.

It is? I love the series. Although I gotta admit it is slowly going down-hill. Anyway, there are 2 games I am pumped for. The first one is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This is a RPG setup in an open world environment that is currently in development by Polish video game developer CD Projekt RED. There are 2 previous parts; The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, both of wich I can recommend to play. It kinda feels the same as Skyrim.

The second one is Tom Clancy's The Division. It is an Online Co-op third-person shooter made by Ubisoft. This is game is also not out yet but is scheduled to be released somewhere in 2015. Tom Clancy's is a series as well and there are a lot of previous parts.
A little rebellion now and then ... is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.
-Thomas Jefferson
Randoph
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:16 pm
([msg=86258]see Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

ghostheadx2 wrote:I might be getting the One for my b-day. I'm planning on renting some games to try. I got bored of AC3 so I don't think I'm too big of a fan of AC, but feel free to try and prove me wrong. I like sci-fi and realistic shooters. I like CODBO1&2, Wolfenstein: the New Order, Mirror's Edge(my friend has that game), maybe BioShock, Red Dead Redemption, etc. not so much GTA because GTA gets boring since there isn't enough to do. I saw from GTAV.

I'd like to try AC type games, and I might want to try Watch Dogs, etc. I just got bored of it bc I got stuck on the same mission and never looked at tuts. But I'll die if I see AC3 one more time, which is the one I got tired of.

But those are older games. Any new games one might recommend renting? I want something in the RPG, FF category. What do you recommend?

Off topic, I'd highly recommend you getting a PC rather than a Xbox One. It's cheaper, plays games better, the games are cheaper, and playing online is free. Further, there are more games for it than there are for the Xbox, and you can use any controller with a PC (Xbox controllers included).

On topic, if you really want to stick with an Xbox for some reason, I have no idea what games are out for it, so I'm really not much help here.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de
Addict
Addict

Post by tripbeam on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:22 pm
([msg=86260]see Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

I agree with centip3de for "off topic", i know someone who made a pc that could game better for 390 or so.... maybe it was 490. Anyway, A pc isn't a locked down hunk of junk and pleads for money each year for online gameplay. Plus you can upgrade it over the years

Though i do have a console, it was a mistake to get it compared to a pc
tripbeam
Poster
Poster

Post by Clarinda Radcliff on Mon May 18, 2015 1:33 am
([msg=88087]see Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

Hi, That's sounds good. I heard there were a lot of excellent games with that. We do have an Xbox too and we are enjoying the games actually :D
Clarinda Radcliff
New User
New User

Post by ghostheadx2 on Mon May 18, 2015 10:35 pm
([msg=88100]see Re: I'm getting the Xbox One for my b-day!!![/msg])

I already got it lol. U posted a little late.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Gaming