Logic Games

Got something to share about your favorite games? Strategies? Game codes? Discuss gaming topics here!

Logic Games

Post by Misanthropydotexe on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:44 pm
([msg=82026]see Logic Games[/msg])

I imagine that everyone here enjoys solving some fun puzzles. So let me help you guys out with some really fun shit.

For iProducts only, you have Circuit Coder! Not only is this game fun, but it is (to me anyway) really difficult. In Circuit Coder, you get to dick around with logic circuits, to include building them from scractch! Lots of fun, and one of the best ways to waste time.

For computer and 'droid only, there is SpaceChem! I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say that this is the best game I've ever played.

Has anyone here played this games? Do you know any games that are similar to these that I might be interested in?
My armor is Contempt. My shield is Disgust. My sword is Hatred.
Respect not pity or weakness, for they are a disease which makes sick the strong
/sbin/poweroff
Misanthropydotexe
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Logic Games

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:45 am
([msg=82055]see Re: Logic Games[/msg])

You should look into the other games made by Zachtronics Industries, those are the games from which Space Chem evolved. They're free and mostly coded in Flash. Manufactoid even has Lua coding.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Misanthropydotexe on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:23 pm
([msg=82061]see Re: Logic Games[/msg])

Definitely on the Zachtronics front. The first game I played from him was the Codex of Alchemical Engineering. Really wish they'd port that on over to mobile. And they've got a steampunk robot game that I beat, though admittedly that one was a lot easier. I tried the electrical engineering game, but am afraid I don't have enough knowledge of the subject to be able to really do it. And learning that entire subject (while already learning so many other subjects) just to play the game was a bit too much for me. Though it does look like a blast.

Manufactoid looks like a lot of fun, and while there I noticed how many other games he has that I was unaware of (new, maybe, because I definitely recall going to the Zachtronics site a while back). Thanks for the pointer, cyberdrain, I look forward to fiddling with manufactoid.
Respect not pity or weakness, for they are a disease which makes sick the strong
/sbin/poweroff
Misanthropydotexe
Poster
Poster

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:57 pm
([msg=82065]see Re: Logic Games[/msg])

Actually, I played the steampunk game and the electrical engineering game (Constructor) a lot. The second taught me a lot about logic, logic gates, PNP and NPN gates, propagation delay and how to get outputs you want/expect. There's a simple tutorial embedded if I recall correctly, but it goes like this:
1) NPN (red, yellow, red) will only allow current to flow from red to red if the crossing yellow also has power (AND gate)
2) PNP (yellow, red, yellow) will only allow current to flow from yellow to yellow if the crossing red does not have power (NOT gate)
3) The +VCC connection pads will always carry current and the rest of the connection pads are variable
4) Add the via connectors to metal (those round things) to connect silicon or cross wires under metal
5) Learn to use SHIFT and the whole game becomes a lot easier
It's a pretty fun game once you get into it and I never once looked at the Wikipedia pages for help, it's much more fun that way.
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Misanthropydotexe on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 pm
([msg=82089]see Re: Logic Games[/msg])

If you like playing with gates, you gotta grab Circuit Coder.

I'll revisit Constructor again at some point. Anything with gates sounds like fun to me.
/sbin/poweroff
Misanthropydotexe
Poster
Poster

Post by cyberdrain on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 am
([msg=82121]see Re: Logic Games[/msg])

Hmm, might look into that then, thanks :D
cyberdrain
Expert