Creating a beliveable account

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

Re: Creating a beliveable account

Post by akorshikai on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:00 pm
([msg=86777]see Re: Creating a beliveable account[/msg])

Mind you, if anyone suspects your account to be fake they can report it from which FB will suspend and request a measure to verify the identity. I had an experience involving trolling of certain fans of a major cell phone carrier and one of them had some self esteem issues. FB doesn't do too much to validate the ID though, for whatever its worth...

Edit: Great. OP from 2012... ffs.
akorshikai
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:18 pm
([msg=86778]see Re: Creating a beliveable account[/msg])

I was right, this topic lives on and on. Mods, can we close this one?

To any possible posters: do not reply, this topic is dead.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by Turn on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:36 pm
([msg=86780]see Re: Creating a beliveable account[/msg])

I know the OP's answer was probably already answered, or they are gone now. Why does that call for this thread to be closed? The title is very catchy and this can be a big part in a Social Engineering attack. The OP probably has the details he wants, but why should that call for the discontinuation of future posts? There isn't one solution to this questions and it may possibly change more over some given time.
If posting on this thread is still regarded as 'grave digging', I give my apologies. Please feel free remove my post in the given case. I just wish to express my thoughts and to grasp an idea about what this forum's general perspective is.
Social Engineering:
<cen> .lua print ('Tsyn 9.47.-u 3 12 5')
* slickery has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
* cen has quit (User has been banned from HackThisSite (Attempting to use a SpyBot))
Turn
Poster
Poster

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:23 pm
([msg=86784]see Re: Creating a beliveable account[/msg])

Turn wrote:Why does that call for this thread to be closed?

Threads usually aren't closed here, but necro posting on a thread without adding anything useful is frowned upon. If you have anything useful to add, by all means, share it. Better yet, create a new thread and post it there. Besides, this is getting more off-topic by the post and doesn't add anything.

Even this:
Th3Wizard0f_ wrote:i'm sure if anyone has taken notice to this yet, but you can now change the dates and times of your posts...
say you just made an account this morning, you could post a bunch of times and set the times way back or something...

while interesting, is off-topic.

akorshikai wrote:Edit: Great. OP from 2012... ffs.

This is the correct response.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Social Engineering