Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by silence27trey on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:48 am
([msg=93560]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey! What's up, guys?

I'm 27 years old and am getting into the basics of HTML thanks to this site. I hope to get to the point to where I can correct a typo on a webpage. That's my mission as of now. Sounds simple but I've only just now figured out how to complete the second basic mission and have learnt about "elements" and "tags". This site may put me on a greater future.

I love music and playing guitar even though I haven't done so in a while. Go to the gym four times a week and have lost a lot of weight.

Love video games but sadly came to the realization that I could be doing better things with my time so I only play maybe a chapter a day or when I have some free time and, when I do, I try to learn something from the story as opposed to just mindlessly leveling up or getting lost in another world. All that is fun but, as you grow older, you realize people kinda' need you in this world and all the characters in the other world are fictional. That's where I'm at right now and one of the games I had played recently is none other than "Watch Dogs". Now you know what kind of learning experience I am drawing at the moment. Something that I can actually translate in real life. So thank you for this website. You could seriously make my future brighter and I am serious about learning. Thanks again.
silence27trey
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by aConvolutedConscious on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 am
([msg=93645]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello! I was finally able to login to this forum! Wo0t!

Just wanna say Hi.

I'm new to all of this. With all the security issues today I figured I'd better learn a thing or two...just to cover my six. This seems to be a great place to start.

So, as of now, I'm on mission 10. I've started learning Python and Javascript. About 10 years ago I was into web development. I worked with ASP and PHP a bit, and mySQL. I love playing with photoshop and sony vegas. I'm a pro yo-yoer. You can see some of my older videos at http://www.vimeo.com/yoyomagic or some of my newer videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ALdMr59AQ&t=3s.

Thanks for providing this resource. I'll see you around!

http://imgur.com/a/yvXmn :? :lol:
aConvolutedConscious
New User
New User

Post by Arctic Grim on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:31 pm
([msg=93755]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey all!

I am 17 years old and work part time at a burger joint.
I have programmed fairly simple java and have some experience with javascript and html.
I am a very keen musician and artist as well as an avid tech user and enthusiast.
I have started trying my hand at the basic missions and just getting to know the site and the community.
Would love to contribute to HTS in any way that I can!

Cheers,
Grim.
Arctic Grim
New User
New User

Post by Libertine Angel on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:37 pm
([msg=93789]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey! I'm Jimmy, just turned 20, I'm a London-based particle physics undergrad on summer break between second and third year.
Started learning basic Python when I was about 13 but didn't really keep it up, I've always been interested in computers, security, cryptography and all that, was on a similar site to this when I was about 15 (but from what I can see this is a much nicer community) but just kinda stopped after a while. Did an introductory C++ module at uni in first year and will almost certainly be doing more for my dissertation (probably using Linux too, and CERN's Root package), really want to get more proficient with using the command line because my skills are very limited, Windows 7 is my main OS but I've got a CentOS VM to practice Linux on.
I've kinda wanted to get back into learning the sorts of stuff here for a while but never really had the push, but thinking about career options after uni I found myself revisiting the idea of pentesting and so Googled a lot about the best places to learn, bookmarked a whole load of things and this was one of them.
Other than that I'm a guitar player with a fascination (some might say obsession) with punk music, mainly classic British stuff but obviously you can't ignore the rest of it.

Is that too much for an intro? Too many things skimmed over? I don't know, I'm shit at introductions.
Also it's 2:36AM and I'm tired as shit and tend to ramble in this state.
I feel I should be better than this by now.
Libertine Angel
New User
New User

Post by BasicPanda on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:24 pm
([msg=93804]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi! I'm 20 and starting to get into the real world. My main activity is programming in Java and Cpp. I have a bit of a background in SQL, Python, Html and JS. I attend PSU.
I've been playing around with Unity for two years and blender for about two months. I want to make games rather than applications, but I'm not able to make games as projects and so so far only have applications for my portfolio. I attend hackathons often so maybe we will see each other one day.

I'm on this site after finding it out of the blue one day trying to google "How to hack" as this was one of the top sites. I've watched Mr. Robot and played HackNet so I have an idea about what hacking is and some types of hack.
Arigato,
Mr. Roboto
BasicPanda
New User
New User

Post by FallenAngel_101 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:20 am
([msg=93861]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

I'm 19
I work 42.5 hours a week as a Boilermaker
My interest in programming, coding, scripting and other useful tools has spiked
due to my frequent visits to the other side of the web.

I am completely new to this, Fresh slate, and I want to build the skills required
to be of an ample service to my fellow HTS members and one day, hopefully,
something much larger than myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 pm --

I'm 19
I work 42.5 hours a week as a Boilermaker
My interest in programming, coding, scripting and other useful tools has spiked
due to my frequent visits to the other side of the web.

I am completely new to this, Fresh slate, and I want to build the skills required
to be of an ample service to my fellow HTS members and one day, hopefully,
something much larger than myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
FallenAngel_101
New User
New User

Post by nonumsinmyname on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:45 pm
([msg=93865]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi, I'm an 18 years old guy. I like computers. I have had interest in programming for close to half of my life. My skills do not represent this because I wasted a lot of time when I was younger and didn't really know what to learn and how, and because of some mental issues that made me very inconsistent (depression and extreme perfectionism) of which I got rid later on, hopefully forever. I repeated a grade due to the depression and the rebelliousness that grew on me as a side effect, but I'm otherwise a good student and have no doubts I'll make it to university. There I want to study Mathematics and Computer Science.

I live in Spain. I taught myself English out of necessity and practice on the Internet, starting when I was still in elementary school. I learned the language as a side effect of trying to talk to others and understand them, not really because I was motivated to. If it were for school I wouldn't have learned a word. My English is probably a mix of dialects and far from perfect.

I'm sure there are a lot of ghost accounts (people who joined and left shortly after) but I'm serious about staying.
nonumsinmyname
New User
New User

Post by curiosity314 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:12 am
([msg=93885]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Well hello there. I'm back! I used to hang around here but something seems to have happened with my old account, hence the new one. As previously, I'm here to learn and even though I've come a long way I feel I am not even in the middle. That would be hard since the road is infinite, but hey, the journey's the reward! I'm the quiet type so sorry if I don't post around too much ;-)
curiosity314
New User
New User

Post by Scamhunter on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 am
([msg=94729]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi I'm new here,
My names Bazza and I live in Australia working as an environmental consultant. I know virtually nothing about hacking or HTML, but write a lot of programs using VB in excel if that counts for anything :D.

The reason I found this site is that I am looking for help. I know nothing about computer hacking and very little about HTML code even, but have a lot of respect for those who do. I was recently scammed out of A LOT of money by a guy pretending to be a stock broker buying shares and options for me. I was stupid I know, but after running some initial checks I thought it was legit. Anyway, I am still in contact with him via phone and email and asked the police what to do. They suggested contacting someone experienced with computer hacking and sending him a key logger or something similar to try to find out his true identity and location (probably somewhere overseas). I understand that talk about hacking websites or using keyloggers is illegal and not permitted on this website, but I was hoping someone might have some experience with these things or be able to direct me to another website where I might be able to find some help. I am prepared to pay a substantial reward (in the order of thousands of dollars) to anyone who can help me track down this individual/group and lead to their arrest.

I look forward to hearing from someone, anyone :).

Best wishes,

Bazza
Scamhunter
New User
New User

Post by _Lynx on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:07 pm
([msg=94775]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone!
I am Lynx, 22, an engineering student from Italy that always had a passion for information technology, although I widened my hardware knowledges only, so far, and very little about programming (I merely know C and Matlab languages).
For the elder users: yes, I am a damn noob and I deserve any kind of shitstorm for the bullshit I might say :mrgreen: but I usually learn quickly and I am very interested in this kind of virtual activity. So: if any of you wishes to have a devout disciple... hit me up :twisted:

Greetings, everyone!
_Lynx
Greetings, everyone!
_Lynx
_Lynx
New User
New User

Previous

Return to NZone