hi, im new

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

hi, im new

Post by Vermouth on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:49 pm
([msg=93647]see hi, im new[/msg])

hey guys,

i really dont know how to hack or what to do but i can learn how to hack no matter how hard is it. so im really looking for a mentor or coach to teach me how to even hack or start to hack in the first place. i will obey and learn and i will not give up.
Vermouth
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: hi, im new

Post by Alli86 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:37 pm
([msg=93652]see Re: hi, im new[/msg])

The best way to start learning is just start with the basic challenges. The forums have a wealth of information and if you get stuck feel free to pm me.
Alli86
New User
New User

Re: hi, im new

Post by ghostheadx2 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:01 pm
([msg=93656]see Re: hi, im new[/msg])

Hi, just want to let you know a few things starting off:

1. No one will teach you how to hack

2. To learn how to hack, learn how stuff works first

3. people who try to use hacking tools to hack without knowing how they work fail at it and are called "script kiddies"

My advice:

1. pick an area: networking, web development, programming, hardware, software, Linux, Windows, etc.

2. Learn as much as you can about that category

3. when you get comfy cozy in that category, move onto the next one

I recommend for the missions on this site to focus on some combo of networking, web development, and programming, with a little operating systems on the side.

Also, learn to use Linux.

Also, do not look for answers. Look for the pathway towards discovering the answers and doing that to find the answers over and over again is the pathway to becoming a hacker.

Remember, there are no shortcuts.

Hope it helps.
ghostheadx2
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NZone