Grump .... stuck ... whine

900 billion dollars were spent on guns this year! Now rumours are spreading that seculas Ltd. is developing an awful laser aided weapon, and that they already have patents pending. Please try to find out what their latest patents are about.

Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:11 pm
([msg=81528]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Joygun_ wrote:Guys my operating system doesn't execute the pkcrack.exe file cuz its 32 bit and cant find how to get 64 bit version,is there any program except than pkcrack ?

I quote (from the post above you even):
reverber wrote:For those of you on windows that have done everything right but still can't for some reason get pkcrack to run properly, it does compile and run quite well on cygwin. I have just done this and so long as when you install cygwin you choose to install the files for make and gcc it compiles fine. now on with the rest of the mission.

Yes, you may write a program to do it, but this is easier. I don't know of other methods, but I'm sure there are, if you look hard enough. Or just use Linux, that works too.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by R0ot_ on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 pm
([msg=85663]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

cyberdrain wrote:
Joygun_ wrote:Guys my operating system doesn't execute the pkcrack.exe file cuz its 32 bit and cant find how to get 64 bit version,is there any program except than pkcrack ?

I quote (from the post above you even):
reverber wrote:For those of you on windows that have done everything right but still can't for some reason get pkcrack to run properly, it does compile and run quite well on cygwin. I have just done this and so long as when you install cygwin you choose to install the files for make and gcc it compiles fine. now on with the rest of the mission.

Yes, you may write a program to do it, but this is easier. I don't know of other methods, but I'm sure there are, if you look hard enough. Or just use Linux, that works too.

I'm running mac and cannot see where pkcrack is compatible. So on this mission i'm kind of stuck. I don't use windows ;(
R0ot_
New User
New User

Post by NickNak on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:09 am
([msg=87616]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

The compression part gave me a lot of trouble the first time around. I tried to find a password to the zip folder using brute force, but I got done with my food before it got done. Eventually I found that MATLAB will compress folders and I got it down to the right size. I don't know how many people have that software but it is a standard MATLAB function if you have it. The plain text approach worked in seconds after doing this.
NickNak
New User
New User

Post by ernacktob on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 am
([msg=88760]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Hello, I got past the zip cracking and reached the i*******_m*******.p** script, where you need to see the admin stuff.

I noticed that the m**a***.*** script does not filter the ? character, which would allow one to trick the regex by repetitively using it after all possible letters / digits, emulating a wildcard, multiple times. Unfortunately this does not seem to work on the page, as it simply returns the Wrong username/password page.

Is there any subtle reason why using the ? wouldn't work on this form?

PS: I am aware of the existence of different solutions to this, but I wanna know if what I have found should be valid or not...
ernacktob
New User
New User

Post by Deomys on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm
([msg=89771]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

I guys, so far I've been able to get and decrypt the zip file.
I've seen some of you talk about i******l_m******s/i******l_m******s.php but I don't have a script named i******l_m******s.php, I just have a folder with this name. When I try to access the folder with

missions/realistic/15/i******l_m******s/

it throw at me a 404 error so I don't know what to do anymore :(
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but if I am, please give me a hint but not the solution, thanks :)
Deomys
New User
New User

Post by Faithe25 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:19 pm
([msg=92524]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

Hey, I know this thread hasn't been active for a while, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

Is this mission working? I just found the first login page, and am creating a form to submit the request to the HTS page, but I am getting an invalid referrer error upon submission. Is this an intentional aspect of the mission?

Thank you.
Faithe25
New User
New User

Post by Starman11 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:46 am
([msg=94170]see Re: Grump .... stuck ... whine[/msg])

I had trouble even getting pkcrack to run because im using 64 bit windows, anyhow, I created a virtual machine in Virtualbox, a 32 bit version of windows XP, I now have pkcrack running, but like most of the others, i've tried each zip compression method (including encryption in WinAce) and i still can't get the passwords for the files.

if i try to crack them with WinAce I get the error: Zip is invalid or corrupt, whereas if I try Winrar I get the error: no solutions found, you must have used the wrong plaintext

any suggestions please?

Ok managed to get the unzip. To anyone else struggling, don't bother with WinRAR, use WinAce as the article says, but make sure you are using the right archive type (default compression and encryption works fine). The first thing I was doing wrong was placing the index.htm AND index.zip into backup.zip, which was unnecessary and may have caused a conflict (pkcrack told me the ZIP file was corrupt), but the bigger problem I had was that I was using the wrong damn path :roll: (facepalms myself)
Starman11
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to (Real 15) seculas Ltd.