Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

I know I must be close

Post by emerald_orb on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 pm
([msg=93407]see I know I must be close[/msg])

Hi-

I need some guidance as to how to complete this level. I just need to clear the logs and I know I must be missing something obvious. If someone could PM me I would greatly appreciate it. If you do contact me, let me first describe my approach and everything I've attempted before you offer any insight. I would describe what I've done here, but I don't want to give anything away. The most important thing for me is that I'm learning this material and am getting a solid foundation. I don't just want the answer!

Thanks!
emerald_orb
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by PavelG on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:08 pm
([msg=93438]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Defience wrote:You don't have to actually steal cookies in this mission, just simulate the process of doing so and you will receive the needed information to continue.

OMG THANK YOU!!!
PavelG
New User
New User

Might help

Post by BobotheClownisBack on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:58 pm
([msg=94080]see Might help[/msg])

Keep in mind that you don't actually have to steal the cookie, you just have to simulate stealing it.

Anyone who managed to get past the cookie, I'm having some trouble with JTR. I tried loading in the hashed password in various formats and it tells me it loaded 1 and solved 0 and immediately stops as if it finished. When i try in straight md5 it tells me there are no hashes to load. Right now I'm letting it run without a specified format but I'll be very surprised if it works and it thinks there are two hashes for some reason. I've triple checked my pwd.txt file, there are no line breaks or spaces anywhere. For the record, I'm running JTR on a MacBook pro and it's always been pretty finicky.

-- Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:01 pm --

BobotheClownisBack wrote:Keep in mind that you don't actually have to steal the cookie, you just have to simulate stealing it.

Anyone who managed to get past the cookie, I'm having some trouble with JTR. I tried loading in the hashed password in various formats and it tells me it loaded 1 and solved 0 and immediately stops as if it finished. When i try in straight md5 it tells me there are no hashes to load. Right now I'm letting it run without a specified format but I'll be very surprised if it works and it thinks there are two hashes for some reason. I've triple checked my pwd.txt file, there are no line breaks or spaces anywhere. For the record, I'm running JTR on a MacBook pro and it's always been pretty finicky.

Nevermind I figured out how it is supposed to be done. Though if anyone can help with JTR's problems I'd appreciate it.
BobotheClownisBack
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 9) CrappySoft