A hint on getting the hash.

Re: A hint on getting the hash.

Post by BasedLizardTitties on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:21 pm
([msg=90867]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Attempted a couple of the online hash crackers, and both failed for me. Cain and Abel worked perfect though, it was brute-forced in just a few seconds.
BasedLizardTitties
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by tigeon on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm
([msg=91583]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Tip for people who can't find the hash, you should read the news, and read up on how to hide things relevant to that news.

As for the password cracking, cain and abel worked, I might have been lucky with selecting the type of hash but the bruteforce took less than a second.
tigeon
New User
New User

Post by Rishi62 on Sun May 22, 2016 8:19 am
([msg=92340]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

https://crackstation.net/ worked fine for me...!! :D
Rishi62
New User
New User

Post by Yooo Gotti on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:11 pm
([msg=93047]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Hey! I managed to finish this yesterday, but I am honestly kind of confused about how.

I found the hash fairly easily, but I was clueless on what to do with it for a while. On a whim, I looked up "hash solver" on Google (or something along those lines) and copy/pasted the string into what I found, and voila, I completed the mission.

I'm not sure whether or not I should be satisfied with this. Should I know what type of hash this is (for example, md3, md4, etc. I don't want to give away the type here) just by looking at it? After seeing the type, should I be able to solve it? I'm a beginner, so I obviously didn't see it at first, but I appreciate any input.
Yooo Gotti
New User
New User

Post by pretz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21 am
([msg=93268]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

I have been able to find the hash rather easily however when i put the hash through any program, i have tried downloading them and also using online ones, it tells me that the hash is not recognized. Is there anything that i can do as i am struggling to undertsand why
pretz
New User
New User

Post by bolo0 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 am
([msg=93398]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Similar problem here to what a few others have mentioned.
I have got the hash, but cannot get any online decrypter that works.

Neither chrome nor mozilla will let me download Cain&Abel...
what to do?

Anyone with suggestions?

EDIT:
Thanks all.
Well, MDcrackGUI did it for me.
Rgds.
bolo0
New User
New User

Post by Rocche on Tue May 02, 2017 10:47 am
([msg=93660]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Hi guys, I've completed this beautiful mission in a couple of hours cause overthinking. Remember what you did in a basic mission and you should find the hash pretty easily. About decryption, I didn't download any software and I didn't need to know the type of hash, I just used Google, my best friend, and I found a tool online. Just search guys. Hope I can help someone :D
Rocche
New User
New User

Post by aConvolutedConscious on Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 pm
([msg=93663]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Rocche wrote:Hi guys, I've completed this beautiful mission in a couple of hours cause overthinking. Remember what you did in a basic mission and you should find the hash pretty easily. About decryption, I didn't download any software and I didn't need to know the type of hash, I just used Google, my best friend, and I found a tool online. Just search guys. Hope I can help someone :D

Lemme just ask you this... How big was the program you downloaded? I've noticed a lot of these programs are upwards of 1gb and more because of the databases they use.

-- Wed May 03, 2017 2:58 am --

Well, since everyone else is posting the software they use, I'd like to make a few of recommendations.

I downloaded MDCrack and HashCat, but I had my success with https://www.onlinehashcrack.com. Those other programs were a bit difficult to use and I was worried about frying my processor because I didn't fully understand how to use them...but I still tried. After I restarted my computer (because it froze!) :roll: I checked https://www.onlinehashcrack.com and seen that the hash was cracked. On to the next challenge! I read a tutorial here on HTS that said there were two hidden files, but I could only find the one. I suppose I should look for the other one so I get a better handle on what this challenge is all about.

Finding the hash was pretty easy. I used the intuition gained from the previous challenges. My biggest issues was finding the right type of hash and way to decrypt it. Now I've got a few tools under my belt for that.

I used a python script to narrow down the hash type. Check out the --> Hash Type Finder http://md5decrypt.net/en/HashFinder/.
aConvolutedConscious
New User
New User

Post by 3a8f2fn on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:25 pm
([msg=93938]see Re: A hint on getting the hash.[/msg])

Also found rainbow tables to be unnecessary. Using Linux, both john the ripper and mdcrack will get the job done provided you know which hashing algorithm was used.
3a8f2fn
New User
New User

Previous

Return to (Real 5) Damn Telemarketers!