Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by Meat_shield on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:40 pm
([msg=93198]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I completed the mission using a browser plugin, but is there a way to do it without one? Just using commands in the address bar? My attempts to do so were unsuccessful.
Meat_shield
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by conscience on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:36 am
([msg=93220]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Meat_shield wrote:I completed the mission using a browser plugin, but is there a way to do it without one? Just using commands in the address bar? My attempts to do so were unsuccessful.

Yes, you can execute JavaScript to modify the DOM, using the javascript: URL prefix.

Note that if there's any return value (implicit or explicit), it will be used for overwriting the document, so your easiest bet would be encapsulating your script (only your code, but not the prefix!) as a parameter for void().

I can't really tell you any more without giving it all away. Study some JS if you haven't done so yet and use the above technique to modify the DOM according to your needs.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by Sinistril on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:17 pm
([msg=93260]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

So I completed it two separate but kind of similar ways. Is there a way to do it with JS injection as that is the first way I tried to solve this problem and I did not manage to find a solution that way. Or am I off to lunch?
Sinistril
New User
New User

Post by DarkEndymion on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:07 pm
([msg=93294]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I only would say that it is enough to vote with a "6" or more for the Inferno Band in order to complete this mission :D
DarkEndymion
New User
New User

Post by PavelG on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 pm
([msg=93331]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Meat_shield wrote:I completed the mission using a browser plugin, but is there a way to do it without one? Just using commands in the address bar? My attempts to do so were unsuccessful.

Yes, This mission can be completed from address bar without any plugins and source page alterations. I put vote value 50 and it worked.
Good luck!
PavelG
New User
New User

Post by dtmander on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:08 am
([msg=93493]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hello!

First forum post, looking for a little help. Let me start by saying that I already solved this mission using one method. I tried that method after my methods through the address bar were failing. I think my address bar typings are slightly incorrect or I am missing something small. I want to learn as much as I can, so I was wondering if someone could PM me to discuss what I was entering, and help point out where I went wrong. I'm trying my best to not give spoilers, so hopefully this post was vague enough.

Thanks!

edit: Found the solution, all is good. Was actually missing a single keystroke, which must be why I was having trouble seeing my mistake.
dtmander
New User
New User

Post by hatchet_jackk on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am
([msg=94805]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

So I'm a little pissed at myself. I was having trouble trying to do injection from the URL and decided to do it another way in chrome (I won't spoil it). But now I really want to figure out what the proper way to do it would be from the url. I assume its a PHP injection. Can anyone tell me how its done? Thanks in advance.
hatchet_jackk
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 pm
([msg=94808]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

hatchet_jackk wrote:So I'm a little pissed at myself. I was having trouble trying to do injection from the URL and decided to do it another way in chrome (I won't spoil it). But now I really want to figure out what the proper way to do it would be from the url. I assume its a PHP injection. Can anyone tell me how its done? Thanks in advance.

My best advice for you would be: Your assumption is wrong.
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Previous

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review