Best hacking hardware?

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

Best hacking hardware?

Post by Nooobiestewby on Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:19 pm
([msg=91036]see Best hacking hardware?[/msg])

hello...let me apologies but....I'm taking up hacking as a hobby and wish to build a dedicated system/set up for this.however...before I buy one thing to find later I needed another can anyone tell me what hardware do I need and what is best? Mac or pc.. :?: I will be grateful if you could share your wisdom and advise on the best unit to work with for hacking Windows/android/iOS THANK YOU :?
Nooobiestewby
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Best hacking hardware?

Post by pretentious on Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:58 am
([msg=91037]see Re: Best hacking hardware?[/msg])

:P you know i just finished my bachelor degree majoring in software dev. Am in the later stages of starting a business and do the occasional stuff that goea outside the scope of end user computing, if you want to call it 'hacking' or whatever. I've got an old laptop that i bought about 3 years ago for $500 with integrated graphics and a 500gb hdd. It was a piece of shit 3 years ago haha but it performs the tasks that i need to do. Not really answering your question but just thought I'd mention that.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by LiquidLemon on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:10 am
([msg=91038]see Re: Best hacking hardware?[/msg])

To be fair you can hack on pretty much everything. The only time when specs do matter is when you're trying to brute-force something. If you want to play with wi-fi networks then you should get a wireless card that allows packet injection. You'll want to use linux (I'm not saying that you can't do it on other operating systems, but on linux you'll be able to get most of the tools by simply running a single command), so I don't see any reason to buy a Mac.
LiquidLemon
New User
New User

Post by company on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:37 pm
([msg=91375]see Re: Best hacking hardware?[/msg])

Anything that works. Personally I have several computers. I use each of them for different things. Not everyone can afford this however.

I know many people that hack on some budget ass systems. Use whatever you have and focus on learning. Im not sure if you are familiar with photography. In photography great photographers can take amazing photos with some shitty cameras. My point is the skills count more than your hardware. Best of luck.
company
New User
New User

Post by Jbraithwaite on Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:49 am
([msg=91385]see Re: Best hacking hardware?[/msg])

I use Kali on a Dell E5400. Pretty old laptop but fired an SSD in it and more RAM and it's golden. Worth noting that things like Wordfile generators use up a a lot of space so get lots of that. Plus some bits of software can use GPU for tasks too which can speed things up. However, I haven't noticed a problem with my old system. One thing about my old system is that the wifi adapter works with Aircrack out the box, whereas my new laptop wireless adapter doesn't.
In training....
Jbraithwaite
Poster
Poster

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:08 pm
([msg=91404]see Re: Best hacking hardware?[/msg])

Thanks for the necro company, Nooobiestewby hasn't been here since posting this.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by sore on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:17 am
([msg=92665]see Re: Best hacking hardware?[/msg])

just more of my fellow newbs asking before trying a shred of research for themselves.... :roll:
sore
New User
New User

Return to Hardware