Arch or Kali

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Arch or Kali

Post by IONx64 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:48 pm
([msg=92917]see Arch or Kali[/msg])

Hello here,
I need your advises friends, my dream is become a good pentester, i am learning a Linux essentials on CISCO netacad, also i am getting useful infos from that site. Which from should i begin Arch linux or Kali?

Can u provide me usefull tutorials or videos of pentesting?

Tahnks and sorry if i am posting on wrong place.
IONx64
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Arch or Kali

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:29 pm
([msg=92928]see Re: Arch or Kali[/msg])

What's wrong with starting with Ubuntu or Mint or similar? Arch is hard if you've never configured Linux before and Kali gives you too much power to easily mess up. If that's your thing, go for it. You'll learn more from Arch than Kali about Linux starting out because of the way it's configured. Kali is a Debian derivative similar to Ubuntu or Mint but geared towards pentesting. I'd not advice to use it as is for daily use, but with enough changes to the configuration it can probably be used securely. About the tutorials; you could read/search the forum for ideas.

Note: the "Comments & Suggestions" part is usually used for comments and suggestions for HackThisSite, not users. Next time, please post your question in either "General" or "NZone".
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by saladroll on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:43 pm
([msg=92932]see Re: Arch or Kali[/msg])

Arch. Arch was my first distro, and it taught me a ton about linux. You can make it behave exactly the way you want. Plus...pacman.

Never used Kali, but I feel like it spoon feeds you, and as has been said, cannot really be used as a main distro for non-pentesting things.

Arch all the way!
saladroll
New User
New User

Post by IONx64 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:47 am
([msg=92971]see Re: Arch or Kali[/msg])

Thanks for that. i would like to become Linux user than Windows, i want leave Windows and become more hard in Linux. i will check on that site everyday, but i have sometimes login in here hope it is for site maintenance.
IONx64
New User
New User

Return to General