App 7

Learn to reverse engineer through some common application security methods.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts/Code, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: App 7

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:57 pm
([msg=90362]see Re: App 7[/msg])

mr-rayzor wrote:Hey, I've realized nobody is posting here anymore, but i'm going to give it a shot anyways.

I'm stuck on this application and it's driving me crazy! I don't know how to write a brute forcer and I don't know where to start looking for the answer.

I tried directing the program to display the congratulations message, but it's all encrypted. I have no idea what to do with this...any help would be appreciated.

You won't solve this using that message, no. My best advice is following what happens to your input after you put it in. Apart from that, this thread has quite a bit of information on what to do. This one took longer to figure out than the other 6 combined for me, but it was worth it. Keep at it.

In regards to the bruteforcer, why not use the program logic to do it for you? If that doesn't work for you, read some more.
Free your mind / Think clearly
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: App 7

Post by Starman11 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:57 pm
([msg=93283]see Re: App 7[/msg])

im really stuck with this one. all i really understand is that the input is manipulated by an encryption algorithm, but im not sure what the algorithm is or where in the disassembly it is. any help will be appreciated, im just a bit new to encryption. im willing to google and read :)
Experienced User
Experienced User
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Application