Ideas anyone?!

Learn to recover deleted files, analyze evidence, and see beyond the immediately obvious.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]
Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Ideas anyone?!

Post by mShred on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:37 am
([msg=88534]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

RiptideTempora wrote:I would like to see cryptography related challenges (i.e. exploiting side-channels such as timing attacks). I can help write some if need be :)

This is a great idea. We've been pondering these challenges for a while now and will (hopefully) start pushing some out in the near future.
Thanksgiving Paltry wrote:Well, one thing I would add is a more professional looking theme. It's nothing against you guys, but it just looks unprofessionally dark. I know this website is supposed to be educational, but to be taken seriously in that respect you kinda have to look the part.

This is something that we're all in a debate about. We are certainly going to update the layout, but the debate is on what theme we want to end up using.
For those about to hack, I salute you.
teehee
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by anonymous501 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:29 am
([msg=89926]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

something you can quickfix?

the anti-exploit system on basic missions 8&9 is way too strict, to the point where even solution found online don't work anymore. You could fix that.

-- Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:33 am --

also, you could try having people go to the Https version of the site by default. that would actually be amazing.

-- Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:35 am --

mShred wrote:
Thanksgiving Paltry wrote:Well, one thing I would add is a more professional looking theme. It's nothing against you guys, but it just looks unprofessionally dark. I know this website is supposed to be educational, but to be taken seriously in that respect you kinda have to look the part.

This is something that we're all in a debate about. We are certainly going to update the layout, but the debate is on what theme we want to end up using.

I do like my websites to be dark though, it's just so much easier on the eyes.
It may take me years, but I will learn, and I will do to you what you have done to the innocent

Unless you wipe yourselves out before that. You idiots.
anonymous501
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by xyl0c on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:42 am
([msg=89927]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

8 & 9 went (relatively) smoothly for me, as a complete noob. It just took some trial and error and hints from the forums. :)

Also.. Personally I use the glitter theme.. so I dunno about your last point. :lol: :oops:
xyl0c
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 am
([msg=89939]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

xyl0c wrote:Also.. Personally I use the glitter theme..

Hell yeah! I smile whenever I see Justin Biebers face pasted on the banner :lol:
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
Can you say brainwashing It's a non stop disco
pretentious
Addict
Addict

Post by anonymous501 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:33 am
([msg=89949]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

something else to quickfix:

in realistic 2, update.php there is a line
Code: Select all
<input type="submit" name="log in">

this should of course be
Code: Select all
<input type="submit" value="log in">

-- Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:04 pm --

Also, a more extensive project: teach people to hack at a deeper level. All of the current levels use exploits on the application layer (http, sql, php), but there are so many exploits on the transport layer (TCP/UDP) and on the network layer (IP/ICMP). The Session layer (SOCKS) probably also contains some exploits.
You'd need to reserve some separate server and domains for this (or use IP's). versio.nl offers .eu domains for €0.50 a year.
It may take me years, but I will learn, and I will do to you what you have done to the innocent

anonymous501
New User
New User

Post by phatez on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:49 am
([msg=90466]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

Why not create a string of puzzles that are increasingly difficult to decipher and lead all over the web, utilizing all a persons skills bots and crawlers in order to crack the codes and find the pixel...ext and then at the end there may or may not be a reward/job opportunity/ bragging rights.
phatez
New User
New User

Post by gotaquestion on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:36 pm
([msg=90628]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

hi.

to be honest - I didn't read all 11 pages of 'ideas' but on one forum
I saw that on every post you can click 'this user helped' or 'this post was useful'.

something like that. I think it could be a good idea to add it here.

btw thanks for a good site ;)
keep goin' !
gotaquestion
New User
New User

Post by NotHackingUatall on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:31 pm
([msg=90663]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

I think a new theme would be sick, more modernized
NotHackingUatall
New User
New User

Post by NETWORKsecurity on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:13 am
([msg=90677]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

phatez wrote:Why not create a string of puzzles that are increasingly difficult to decipher and lead all over the web, utilizing all a persons skills bots and crawlers in order to crack the codes and find the pixel...ext and then at the end there may or may not be a reward/job opportunity/ bragging rights.

Cause cicada 3301 doesnt like competition :P . That kind of mission would be fun but there are some problems. There used to be doxing mission but now its defunct because people were posting solutions and google search results didnt appear like they were supposed too :( .
NETWORKsecurity

Post by anonymous501 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:00 pm
([msg=90718]see Re: Ideas anyone?![/msg])

mShred wrote:
Olbrack wrote:Hello,

Is there anyway to change language on the website ?

We haven't ported our site to other languages. Have you tried using a translating service? Google can offer some help there to make things easier.

If you need any translations for Dutch, give me a call. (or send me a message, if you can't find my phone number).

anonymous501
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Forensic