HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)

Want to present an OFFICIAL HTS lecture? MANDATORY approval is required prior to presentation. Post here for approval!

HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)

Post by Kage on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:27 pm
([msg=89058]see HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

Okay, so the title is a bit of a misnomer. We're not actually hiring -- everything here is volunteer -- but we are indeed looking for volunteers to help us continue the HackThisSite mission! Right now, we're working on a very important project and we're looking for two types of developers for it:

• Frontend Developer
    • Very capable with modern standards, e.g. HTML5, CSS3, ECMA6, etc.
    • Experience with frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
    • Able to create responsive themes that can be carved into templating engines using both JSON and JS-disabled URI fallbacks
  • Backend Developer
    • Very good proficiency with PHP, MVC frameworks, super lightweight PHP code
    • Experience with complex and customized database systems
    • Ability to work in a multi-user, segregated deployment environment system utilizing Git, Phabricator, Vagrant, and other utilities

This project is relatively simple, although it does of course have many security requirements and so forth that dramatically increase its complexity. Overall, the project has just 4 main functions to it, so with enough commitment from everyone involved it can be completed relatively quickly.

How to Apply

Email staff @ our domain (hackthissite.org) with a brief but convincing reason why we should pick you to work with us. Please do not directly message staff to apply. Emailing this address makes it easier for all of us to see your application and helps centralize communications. Put the position you're applying for in the subject ("Frontend Developer" or "Backend Developer"), too, please.

We are far less interested in resumes and far more interested in examples of your skills. Github projects, Gist or Pastebin pastes, whatever. We want to see what you can do, not who you've worked for. This is a volunteer position, after all, so professional experience isn't as relevant. Make your application brief, but stand out. Less than a page, with links to concise but good code examples.
~ Kage ~

HackThisSite Manager
Kage
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)

Post by poetics5 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:16 pm
([msg=89116]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

Seems like a good opportunity
poetics5
New User
New User

Post by fr4nc1stein on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:27 am
([msg=89232]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

Hello maybe i can apply here!
Thanks
fr4nc1stein
New User
New User

Post by FirstYolah on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:06 am
([msg=89755]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

I know this reply is a little late but are you still looking for volunteers? I admit, I'm a noob however I really want to learn.
FirstYolah
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:50 am
([msg=89756]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

HTS is always looking for volunteers, but a lot of technical knowledge is required depending on the job. So by all means, start learning and you'll be able to join staff in about 2, 3 years if you're fast.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Expert
Expert

Post by mShred on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:22 am
([msg=89831]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

Learn the required stuff, and if you feel comfortable, go ahead and reply. If you're consistently working with it, it shouldn't take two or three years for you to become proficient at web development.
For those about to hack, I salute you.
teehee
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by xXspl0itXx on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 pm
([msg=92037]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

I don't have time to post a lot of stuff right now, I have to go watch a movie with family in like 5 minutes so it's basically a placeholder.

But I am an experienced front end developer and somewhat decent back end developer. I would love to help make HTS better, I've been on and off here since I very first started getting into hacking. But yea, I'll be back on in a couple hours to see if someone replied and to finish this post.

Happy hacking and late easter everyone!
xXspl0itXx
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:02 am
([msg=92040]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

xXspl0itXx, if you prefer you may contact us at staff [at] hackthisite.org with your qualifications.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by xXspl0itXx on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:11 pm
([msg=92111]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

limdis wrote:xXspl0itXx, if you prefer you may contact us at staff [at] hackthisite.org with your qualifications.

Hey limdis, I sent an email to staff. I hope to hear back from you guys soon!

-- Thu May 12, 2016 9:24 am --

Message to all the staff mainly Ninjex, Limdis, Kage, and Weekend. This is for the front end dev volunteering that I interviewed with ninjex for:

Since I keep hopping on the IRC at bad times, I just wanted to let you guys know so you don't miss my message and to ensure you guys get it.
I interviewed with ninjex, went pretty well. He asked me to do a project, I've been really busy the last few weeks, just got kicked out of my place to stay and I have about 2 months with a buddy of mine to get a new place to live, so I've had a really rough past month or so and I'm in a transitional/waiting period for a new job and living quarters. Due to that, I have a lot of time to wait.
I've decided for my project I'm going to make a sample modern version of the HTS website. If you guys would like me to do something different let me know but for now that's what I've decided for my project. Credit to limdis for helping me pick something to do.

I really love the concept of this site and I would be a very happy little hacker if our community grows. I think the outdated style of the website kind of draws people away from it or makes them hesitant to use it to learn. and I want to help change that. Sorry I've been slacking with this project but like I said I've had a really rough past few weeks.

Anyways, I love this site, I would love to be part of your team, and I would love to help in any way I can and I hope you guys bring me on to the team. I think working with you guys would be an amazing opportunity and it would help me build my webdev portfolio EXTREMELY, but overall I just want to give back to the community.

Thank you all for reading,
I hope you guys have a good day. I believe ninjex has my email. If you guys would like to contact me then please feel free to PM on the forums on here, or the main website messaging, or by emailing me. Happy hacking! 8-)
xXspl0itXx
New User
New User

Post by t3jiri on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 am
([msg=93440]see Re: HIRING: Web Developers (Frontend and Backend)[/msg])

ok
t3jiri
New User
New User

Next

Return to OFFICIAL Lecture Approvals