Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”

Learn new things
Forum rules
DO NOT POST ANSWERS OR SPOILERS! [IE: Mission Links, Mission File Names/Pages, Scripts, etc.]

Posting these will result in warnings/bans!

Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”

Post by ferpatpsyopus on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:20 pm
([msg=92603]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”[/msg])

Hello,

I'm new in this site. could you help me please with the initial password to begin with this basic mission ?
Otherwise let me know where can I find info about this.

Thanks in advance.
ferpatpsyopus
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by G33KSQ4D on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:10 pm
([msg=92604]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”[/msg])

I don't know exactly how to help without giving the answer away. I am still fairly new, so it's possible their is a way to give you a hint without giving an answer. Also, this is my first 'Post'. Anyways, if you have not found it out, it has to do with looking through the pages' SOURCE CODE. Where all the goodies ( HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. ) was written. From there you could use CTRL + F to find what you are looking for (i.e. "Password"). I hope this somewhat helped. Still new, gonna make mistakes. If anyone has any better way please tell me. -G33K
G33KSQ4D
New User
New User

Post by soulreaverr on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:36 pm
([msg=93434]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”[/msg])

Wanting to ask this question now before I went any further in the basic missions. I've managed to make it past basic 4 with fairly any issues besides overthinking some, but it never proved a real problem besides taking a step back breath a little and hitting the bricks again. I've googled and maybe my googlefu isn't strong read that somewhere else in the forums and i've read the beggingers guide here before starting the missions.

I'm completing these tasks, as well looking at and understanding the errors in the code, I just want to understand how am I doing this?

The basics i know is a webbrowser sends a request to the server, server recieves it and sends the information, web browser recieves it interprets it and displays it. So am I in a nut shell just editing the code my web browser has recieved and sending it back to the server to be processed?

if so am i technically altering a web page temporarily?

I apologize for my grammar im not foreign or anything just a southern guy who butchers the english language like no ones buisness. So after all that I would like to better understand what im doing with this code and how am i doing it?

maybe im on the right track or maybe im going way off in the left field if so I ask for a little guidance and help so I may further my knowledge with these missions.

basic example of what im saying any body can buy a chicken and hope it lays an egg. However if you want your chicken to lay some serious eggs you got to know what to feed it and how the feed effects the egg production and quality of taste of the egg.
soulreaverr
New User
New User

Post by Mynameis_taken_13 on Sun May 28, 2017 11:15 pm
([msg=93733]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”[/msg])

Super easy, took some TIME trying to solve this mission. After I completed it, I made it pass to the 4th mission without any problems. Make sure to pay close attention to the hint, you'll be surprised how warm you are to finding the answer. :D
Mynameis_taken_13
New User
New User

Basic Mission - 1

Post by Idgaf174 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:42 am
([msg=93872]see Basic Mission - 1[/msg])

Wow... Idiot test is right! That's exactly what I felt like when I realized how I needed to find the password! I've always been interested in getting into learning how to crack and penetration test, but always just stuck to using software for fun. I'm ashamed to say it took me like 20-30 min to realize this one. Getting through all of these is going to be ruff, but hopefully I can make it!
Idgaf174
New User
New User

Post by thehacker1914 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am
([msg=94164]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”[/msg])

Hi! I'm new :)
I'm just wondering, is HTML actually used when you type in the password? I tried what I thought it was, then I tried it with some HTML. Do I have to set it out as if I'm making an actual webpage? And if we don't use an any HTML, I don't understand why HTML is required. I have used some HTML and made some webpages. I have a basic understanding, but I don't know much. Thanks! :)
(Also, Im using iPad. Does that make a difference?)
thehacker1914
New User
New User

Post by mcguganator on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:53 am
([msg=94864]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”[/msg])

in typical lurker fashion, i went to the "basic missions" page without creating an account.
i then assumed that the "login required" text shown on that page when you don't log in was the challenge, and spent a good fifteen minutes or so combing the html for...something i guess.

turns out, sometimes a "login required" page really is just a login page. lol.
mcguganator
New User
New User

Post by zen3001 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:16 pm
([msg=95059]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test”[/msg])

I don't think you really need html knowledge for this mission
zen3001
New User
New User

Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test"

Post by NoobShooter on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:13 pm
([msg=95242]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test"[/msg])

What if I got stuck on any level? How to get help? I am stuck at 2 ;-)
NoobShooter
New User
New User

Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test"

Post by NoobShooter on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:23 pm
([msg=95243]see Re: Basic Mission 1 – “The Idiot Test"[/msg])

NoobShooter wrote:What if I got stuck on any level? How to get help? I am stuck at 2 ;-)

OK SOLVED 8-)
NoobShooter
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Basic