Node.JS Question

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

Node.JS Question

Post by Pathogens on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:03 am
([msg=93118]see Node.JS Question[/msg])

Hello all,

I am new to the forums here, and was attracted to the site by the challenges. I should start off by saying, I'm a bit of a noob, or a "skid". I use linux at work (Centos and OpenSuse), so I have some familiarity with it, though I am no master. I am an electrical / RF engineer by trade (I hope to contribute to this community using that skillset), and often test software functionality, but I have aspirations to learn C++, and python .

Anyways, I have been doing some experimentation with Kali Linux and rasp-pi, so when I saw Samy Kamkar's "PoisonTap" Raspi Zero exploit I was very intrigued. If you have not seen this yet, it basically spoofs an Ethernet connection to a PC, copies cookies, and sets up a backdoor regardless if a PC screen is locked, provided a web browser is still running. The entire process is automated.

I have downloaded the source code, however I am not familiar with java script or node (in fact the only "language" I am familiar with currently is HTML, though I would like to recreate the device and do some experimentation with an old machine I have. Does the code for Poison Tap need to be further compiled, or is it as simple as copying this onto an SD card?
I assume I will have to use the node.js to execute the code (though it seems as though it will autorun)?

From reading some other posts on other forums, I realize that asking these kinds of questions seem to be an annoyance to some, but I am actively trying to learn. I have tried to find tutorials online without success. Additionally I have requested a youtuber that I watch, who is into these kinds of things to make one as well. Any help would be appreciated.

-- Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:19 am --

Okay, so it appears that node.js is simply a program that let's you use JS code in a shell, and also allows you run scripts from the terminal. (Sounds pretty fun and interesting actually )

So... 1 step closer. It looks like I will have to install node
on top of an OS on the raspberry pi zero, or is it possible that the test computer will run it directly off of a thumb drive?
Pathogens
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Node.JS Question

Post by limdis on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:12 am
([msg=93124]see Re: Node.JS Question[/msg])

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Interpreted Languages